• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Michael Jackson committed suicide

Talented musician. It will be sometime before the official results are in. I am sure it will be as controversial as the rest of his private (public) life...

My daughter was just looking through the photo album and pointed out a picture of myself when I was about 3 or 4 with a red Thriller leather jacket. I was giving the camera a tough guy look in front of a Michael Jackson poster. He will be missed dearly in my household.

Well, NASTY, this is a picture which should replace the gun you have now!!!

MJ was an incredible performer. He easily should be credited with what modern performances have become like Briteny Spears and other pop artists (this is NOT comparing MJ ot Britney musically, but drawing a correlation that Michael Jackson changed what would be defined as showmanship, just as James Brown did, (and this is not comparing MJ to James Brown either, though musically this is a more common footing)

I do not know any real truths about MJ's personal life. From what I read in the news, especially a special that was done by ABC a few years back, it did appear that his success took a toll and as is more oftern than not, suicide is the final cost.

The Thriller album was a part of my high school years, even though at the time I may not have waned it to be after a classmate played it continully on a bus ride from ATl to Miami. But hearing the songs on the radi this morning, Michael Jackson had an incredible pop career, and I will have "Dirty Diana: stuck in my head for the day.

MJ, RIP.

Cparker

My daughter was just looking through the photo album and pointed out a picture of myself when I was about 3 or 4 with a red Thriller leather jacket. I was giving the camera a tough guy look in front of a Michael Jackson poster. He will be missed dearly in my household.

On a complete side note...

Last night on one of the news channels they were talking about the success of "Thriller" while in the background they were showing them wheeling MJ out on a gurny. I half expected him to pop up and start dancing.

It seems very surreal. And poor Farrah's death has been almost forgotten...

<br />My daughter was just looking through the photo album and pointed out a picture of myself when I was about 3 or 4 with a red Thriller leather jacket. I was giving the camera a tough guy look in front of a Michael Jackson poster. He will be missed dearly in my household.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I must see this photo... This thread is worthless without pic's.

[/quote]
Ever think that maybe LaToya was the sane one in that family of dysfunction? Maybe she was outcast because she wouldn't keep the secrets?.....because she wouldn't play the games?......because she didn't want to be daddy's bitch anymore?
[/quote]

Nope, can't say I did. Being with a man that beats you into posing nude for a magazine doesn't sound very sane at all..... which is now the claim she makes about why she did it.
[/quote]

You're right......I should have said "most sane" :D

It's pretty interesting to see the dichotomy here.....for me it's really easy:

I would gladly give up a little good pop music to have had one less useless, demented, child molesting, waste of breathable air, piece of shit like Michael Jackson. And no I don't see one thing different about the world now that he is gone, I still had a nice french press of coffee and a cigar this morning, I will still do exactly the same thing I would have done had he not offed himself. It's not like Clint Eastwood died or something ;)

For those of you waiting for me to post that picture....HELL TO THE NO!

Right on, Jon. I don't disagree that your gut-level, emotion-based reaction is invalid or without basis, just wanted to point out the other side of the coin and how important it is to try to keep the big picture rules of the game in mind, even when it's unsettling, unpopular, and difficult to do so. Child victims and witnesses are an extremely difficult beast to tame no matter what the circumstances--let alone the circus that was Michael Jackson's weird and complicated little slice of the world.

It's easy to view Michael Jackson and OJ both as celebrities who got off on a technicality through the morally gray expertise of trial consultants (which, in interest of full disclosure, is what I'm studying to become), but there is a vast gulf of difference between the facts, circumstances, and seemingly boneheaded juries in each case.

Just as a general observation regarding the rumors, accusations, civil suits, and arrests . . . if an unmarried fifty year old man in YOUR neighborhood built an amusement park in his back yard and invited neighborhood boys over for "sleepovers" . . . what would YOU think was up with that? :rolleyes:

That's a bit of an oversimplification of the situation, don't you think?

It's frighteningly easy to get young kids to levy charges against people even without their parents deliberately putting them in the crosshairs or when there are millions of dollars to be had.

Just one example for you to consider. There are plenty more...

So, how difficult was it to coax his sister into calling him a pedophile?

It's simply amazing that folks will defend pretty much any action. Michael Jackson was morally debase . . . end of story. He is on trial, now (as he has been for the last 15 years), in the eyes of the public and he is overwhelmingly "guilty."

I think you completely missed my point, but to answer your question, based on all the other twisted, unkind, petty, spiteful, Machiavellian sorts of nonsense his entire family has been subjecting one another to for the past half century, I'd say that it probably wasn't very hard at all, though I must admit I don't even know what you're referring to...

Right on, Jon. I don't disagree that your gut-level, emotion-based reaction is invalid or without basis, just wanted to point out the other side of the coin and how important it is to try to keep the big picture rules of the game in mind, even when it's unsettling, unpopular, and difficult to do so. Child victims and witnesses are an extremely difficult beast to tame no matter what the circumstances--let alone the circus that was Michael Jackson's weird and complicated little slice of the world.

It's easy to view Michael Jackson and OJ both as celebrities who got off on a technicality through the morally gray expertise of trial consultants (which, in interest of full disclosure, is what I'm studying to become), but there is a vast gulf of difference between the facts, circumstances, and seemingly boneheaded juries in each case.

Just as a general observation regarding the rumors, accusations, civil suits, and arrests . . . if an unmarried fifty year old man in YOUR neighborhood built an amusement park in his back yard and invited neighborhood boys over for "sleepovers" . . . what would YOU think was up with that? :rolleyes:

It's frighteningly easy to get young kids to levy charges against people even without their parents deliberately putting them in the crosshairs or when there are millions of dollars to be had.

It's simply amazing that folks will defend pretty much any action. Michael Jackson was morally debase . . . end of story. He is on trial, now (as he has been for the last 15 years), in the eyes of the public and he is overwhelmingly "guilty."

I think you completely missed my point, but to answer your question, based on all the other twisted, unkind, petty, spiteful, Machiavellian sorts of nonsense his entire family has been subjecting one another to for the past half century, I'd say that it probably wasn't very hard at all, though I must admit I don't even know what you're referring to...

No, I didn't miss your point. My point is that there is no gray area for me in these regards and, with respect to full disclosure, I'm a practicing attorney, in these type areas, for over a decade now. The big picture is and will remain that you just don't place children in this type of situation. There is a bigger picture than a legal standpoint, or whatever "game" you are referencing.

What was your point?

Are you intimating that the dozens of young boys were all coerced in to lying about Michael? And Michael's own words that he often slept in the same bed with these boys was probably a coerced confession. And the multiple law suits which Michael settled out of court were just to make sure the world continued to see him as the awesome little child pop-star?

Who in their sane mind will allow their child to sleepover a grown man's home, celebrity or not? Not I.

Who in their sane mind will allow their child to sleepover a grown man's home, celebrity or not? Not I.

For tens of millions I might send my boy over..............nah! :whistling:

I had something written about that and deleted it, Los. I don't know what human services does in Hollywood, but in Mississippi they would all be up for abuse/neglect charges . . . parents, MJ, whoever.

No, I didn't miss your point. My point is that there is no gray area for me in these regards and, with respect to full disclosure, I'm a practicing attorney, in these type areas, for over a decade now. The big picture is and will remain that you just don't place children in this type of situation. There is a bigger picture than a legal standpoint, or whatever "game" you are referencing.

No gray area?

And you're an attorney? With 10+ years of experience with child witnesses and victims? And you don't acknowledge how easy it is to bend a well-intentioned child to make a misstatement--especially when being interviewed (suggestively or otherwise) by a person of authority? When the parents of his alleged victim had 20,000,000 incentives to make an accusation?

Wow.