• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Michelob Dunkel Weisse

cigarsarge

BOHICA
I was supposed to go to work tonight...The Lt. was supposed to be off so I was going to fill in for him I got to work and there he sat. He told me to go home if I wanted...So I did.

I was driving home and my neighbor called to see what was up. He said he had a sixer of a micro brew and invited me over for a one. My neighbor is a Corona drinker and has never ventured into the world of better beer except when I turn him on to some. I wonder just what he has in store...

So I change clothes and walk over to his house where he presents me with a Michelob Dunkel Weisse...Not my idea of a micro. Out of politeness I try to unscrew the top to have a taste. The bottle is not the screw off top variety...I got to use an opener.

I poured it into a pint glass. It poured a dirty copper color with a thin head. The beer was dark enough you could not see through it. It smelled of bananna and toasted malt. I took a sip and was not bad at all. The bananna taste really came through a well as a finish of faint clove. The longer it lingered on the tounge the more biterness I could detect. The carbonation was lacking a bit but was enough to sense it.

Overall this beer is a decent performer. Its not the best wheat beer on the market...But for $5.99 a sixer it ain't bad. On a scale of 100 I give it a solid 85.

Michelob Dunkel Wiesse?

Well, I love a good Dunkel. It was my favorite variety while living in Germany, so I'm sure I'll give it a go if I see it.

However, Michelob throwing the words Dunkel Wiesse on a label just seems ridiculous to me. Do they think they are German all of a sudden?

At any rate, I'll try it.

Well Wyatt,

Michelob is the best beer AB has to offer, and I've always liked the dark version on tap.

As long as it is a true wheat beer the name is justified.

Now excuse me while I walk to the bar to have a couple Erdinger Dunkel Weizen and a cigar. lol it's over a 2 mile walk, but the only place I can sit and smoke a stogie in this -10 degree celsius weather we have at the moment over here.

I'll have two beers and smoke a No. 49 I've been holding onto for a while now, and then walk back home. :cool:

Sarge, did it have hefe left in the bottle after you poured it?

That explains the flat head then...

Still sounded good for a dollar a bottle beer.

Now excuse me while I walk to the bar to have a couple Erdinger Dunkel Weizen and a cigar. lol it's over a 2 mile walk, but the only place I can sit and smoke a stogie in this -10 degree celsius weather we have at the moment over here.

Every Dunkel I've ever had since Germany is always measured against this exact beer. It was my favorite, and nothing has compared yet.

Like I said, if I see the Michelob Dunkel I'll surely give it a go, it just seems like a stretch to me. I do like their Amber Bock.

To tell the truth I'd rather drink Franziskaner Hefe-Weißbier dunkel or Paulaner Hefe-Weißbier dunkel than Erdinger (the Erdinger you remember is only a shadow of the one now brewed after the brewery was purchased by a huge beer consortium).

Except the only bar in Grafenwöhr that allows you to smoke has a Erdinger contract. Small price to pay to have a warm dry place to puff in I suppose ;)