• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Michigan, Ohio & Indiana The RUSTBELT Herf

I know a rep for Pharmaceuticals and she does a lot of nice rentals in nicer places for all sorts of things.

It sounds like everyone wants an easy going place.

What comes to mind for me is something like an Irish Pub, room for 20? Maybe more if we get other people on other boards involved as Ian suggested.

I am in the middle of a long work weekend, but I think we should do this, even if it is small it seems like some people want to make it happen and smoking with one other brother is better then smoking alone.

Keep those great ideas flowing and keep open minds. We are still brain storming and no idea is a bad one.

Thanks Bill for the Cigar store maps.

I would be interested..........

We are having a HERF at my cabin in a couple weeks and I can tell you that the idea of an outdoor HERF was attractive since there are no ventilation and/or non-smoker issues.

I know a rep for Pharmaceuticals and she does a lot of nice rentals in nicer places for all sorts of things.

It sounds like everyone wants an easy going place.

What comes to mind for me is something like an Irish Pub, room for 20? Maybe more if we get other people on other boards involved as Ian suggested.

I am in the middle of a long work weekend, but I think we should do this, even if it is small it seems like some people want to make it happen and smoking with one other brother is better then smoking alone.

Keep those great ideas flowing and keep open minds. We are still brain storming and no idea is a bad one.

Thanks Bill for the Cigar store maps.

Now looking at it, it is mostly stores but not all.

I'm in!

I was just talking to bimmer635csi about having a small get together on Saturday the 21st. Location was not decided but we were thinking about Bailey's in Canton. We had a little session there last spring. It is casual and would be large enough for 20+, has food and drinks, and has large screen TVs.

If the 21st is too soon to get the full group together, we could have a small pre-HERF for the "Westsiders".

Yes, FoMoCo is correct. Here's the post I made last week.

I have found a place that will take us.

http://www.detroitbeerco.com/

The Detroit Beer Company will let us use the top room of their facility.

It is a 500 dollar rental, but if we eat and drink more then that then the fee is waved.

So if we get 20 guys, who each spend 25 dollars, then we are there.

They are open for April 18th (Saturday).

I will book it, but would like to make sure we can get the crowd.

Lets get in touch with some people, keep this post alive and see what happens.

I should be good on that day (provided this sinus infection I have doesn't kill me before then).

Cheers,
Chris

I am only a bit nervous of turnout. I think we should be fine, but I am anxious to see how many people will actually come by.

We will do a roll call in a month or so if everyone agrees this is a good spot.

Downtown? Hmmm. Never been to the place. It all depends on what is going on if I can make it down there.

That might be a tough sell for me with the wife. I'm already booked for Dark Lord Day the 25th of April, and Padron at the Outlaw in May. If I stick her with the kids by herself for another weekend I might be living somewhere else.

Wait, I might be able to smoke indoors then hmmm. :rolleyes:

Keith

Does anyone think doing something in the burrbs might be better for a turn out?

I do think something outside of Detroit will get more attendance. April will be impossible for me though.

If people will be coming from Ohio, maybe keep it near 275. Cladaughs? I dont know how to spell it.

Ok I am still working on this.

It sounds like April 18th downtown will not work for most, so I am going to enlist some help to find a better spot that is not downtown.

Everyone has had great ideas so far, so please keep them coming.

I will look for something closer to mid April.

I also will take Bill's advice on the Irish place.

Lets try to keep the thread alive with ideas, and keep moving forward to ahve some fun.

A big thanks to everyone.

Ok Just off the phone.

April 11th (Time to be determined)

Blarney Stone Pub
27253 Woodward Ave
Berkley, MI 48072
Phone: (248) 541-1881

Open seat flooring so no need for a private room rental. Capacity 135.

To estimate for out of state Brothers, Berkley is about 15 miles north of Detroit and is about 15 minutes East off 275.

Love to hear some thoughts.

I'm game, but seeing how it is the day before Easter, that might limit the people coming from afar.

Damn, I did not think of that.

Lets see how it plays out for a bit.

I'm in with a couple friends in tow for whatever date you pick Matthew!

The Blarney Stone would be fine, though Big Rock chop house in Birmingham is in the same neighborhood and they have a cigar bar up stairs called Got Rocks. Might check into that as well! Great food and drink as well.

Tony

Before we seal the deal here lets get some input from the Family.

Short poll:

Is the 11th a bad day because it is before Easter.

Is a casual place better, or do you prefer a little more luxurious place.

The Blarney Stone will have us and is cigar friendly. Everything there will be average prices and I will try to get a discount and a drink special no matter where we go.

I may also invite a few reps to come by.

Before we seal the deal here lets get some input from the Family.

Short poll:

Is the 11th a bad day because it is before Easter.

Is a casual place better, or do you prefer a little more luxurious place.

The Blarney Stone will have us and is cigar friendly. Everything there will be average prices and I will try to get a discount and a drink special no matter where we go.

I may also invite a few reps to come by.

I have a busy couple of months coming up so I will be more than likely be unable to attend.