• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mike's Wine-o-dor

I have about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of beads in there. It also condensates more for me here in summer which is why the balance of added moisture must be achieved. As it is in this heavy dripping phase, I continue to slowly add water until 2/3 of the beads stay wet. This may take days or weeks.

Now that some time has passed for adequate observation, I have to say the fan mods from post #36 have made a huge difference in everything. Everything is extremely stable and even. Mid to upper 60's in both temp and humidity.

Damnit... Had to much to drink last night and left my door open. Fuggin RH was at 52% just now... :angry:

Now that some time has passed for adequate observation, I have to say the fan mods from post #36 have made a huge difference in everything. Everything is extremely stable and even. Mid to upper 60's in both temp and humidity.

This weekend (actually 10 minutes ago) I finally made the time to mount my fans. It worked out great. I just need to run out to Home Depot to get some sealant for the hole I drilled but the fans are mounted in the bottom of the unit and I have wires running through the back. I was able to find a AC power supply with the 5 pin molex end on it. Then I found a extention wire that allowed me to run both fans into one cord. Then I ran that extension cord through the back and plugged it into the AC power supply. Basically I was able to accomplish what you did without having to splice wires. I also needed this molex pin remover tool that allows you to remove the pins and the plastic cap (so you can run the wires through the hole). I probably spent a little more in extra parts and crap but I am not that handy. So this way seemed to be the safer route for me.

Now for my question. How do you have your lamp timer set? My timer actually has a dual time setting. So I can set it to turn the fans on twice a day. I was thinking of running the fans from midnight to 2:00AM and then noon to 2:00pm. No real rhyme or reason. What do you think? I'll post photos later once it get dark and you can see the lights.

I've been researching setups for wineadors, and when reading this thread I finally found a couple solutions, so for that I thank you! I went with a similar route when it comes to the fans, but I found a pretty sweet deal on two fans and a power supply:

www.coolerguys.com

110v AC to 5v DC Power Supply with 4 Pin Molex

$9.95 ea.

Coolerguys Ultra Quiet 120x25mm 5 Volt Fan with 4pin Connector

$5.95 ea.

What do you guys think?

Curiously, the lamp timer you bought, does it allow you to have the fans run every hour for X amount of time?

I've been researching setups for wineadors, and when reading this thread I finally found a couple solutions, so for that I thank you! I went with a similar route when it comes to the fans, but I found a pretty sweet deal on two fans and a power supply:

www.coolerguys.com

$9.95 ea.

$5.95 ea.

What do you guys think?

Curiously, the lamp timer you bought, does it allow you to have the fans run every hour for X amount of time?

If you are running two fans this little do dad helped me to...

Molex Y Splitter

It just allows you to run two fans on one power supply without splicing wires.

Then I used a Molex universal pin remover

This thing is great. It allows you to pop the pins out and remove the end. Then you run the wires through the hole you drill and then put the pins back in to the end. And yes, I am running a lamp timer on the fans. My timer says something like vacation timer or burgulary timer. So you can actually set it to come on and go off two different times a day. So I am trying 8PM - 10PM and then 8AM to 10AM. I am posting pictures of my set up in a different post.

Edited: Forgotten to answer one of the original questions.

Here are some pictures from my updated vino temp (mounted the fans)....

Added neon glowing pc fans to my vinotemp

365348693.jpg

365348879.jpg

Here are a few shots of the stash (its not the setup...its what's inside that counts)

365349456.jpg

365349319.jpg

365349256.jpg

365349120.jpg

www.coolerguys.com

$9.95 ea.

$5.95 ea.

What do you guys think?

Molex Y Splitter

This thing is great. It allows you to pop the pins out and remove the end. Then you run the wires through the hole you drill and then put the pins back in to the end. And yes, I am running a lamp timer on the fans. My timer says something like vacation timer or burgulary timer. So you can actually set it to come on and go off two different times a day. So I am trying 8PM - 10PM and then 8AM to 10AM. I am posting pictures of my set up in a different post.

Molex 4 Pin Y-Splitter from first website. Why pay extra for shipping???

Good luck fellas

Actually, the nice thing about these fans is that they can be piggybacked off each other, so you don't need an adapter. :thumbs:

www.coolerguys.com

$9.95 ea.

$5.95 ea.

What do you guys think?

Molex Y Splitter

What kind of silicone sealant are you guys using to seal up the drain holes and such? I thought I would go to a local restraurant supply place and pick up some food grade clear silicone caulking.

What kind of silicone sealant are you guys using to seal up the drain holes and such? I thought I would go to a local restraurant supply place and pick up some food grade clear silicone caulking.

I didn't grab anything special...only tube I saw at the harware store. It doesn't appear to be giving off any odor and I really only needed to use a small amount. I used it to seal up my drill holes.

I didn't grab anything special...only tube I saw at the harware store. It doesn't appear to be giving off any odor and I really only needed to use a small amount. I used it to seal up my drill holes.

Nice, perhaps i'll just go that route then. I was worried about outgassing, but with how hard its proving to remove the plastic smell from the Edgestar, I guess that is the least of my worries! :sign:

I know this is a little dated, but I just ordered my Edgestar, out of curiosity, what are you guys using to mount the fans?

I just picked up some stuff at the hardware store. It comes in this thing that look like a syringe and has two tubes to keep the compounds seperate. Its some type of cement or superglue. Just make sure you read the back of the package before you buy. There ones that won't work on plastic. I sanded the back of the fans a little. Then spread this cement on them and stuck them in place. If you cant find anything PM. I think I stil have the tube and can send you the exact name.

Funny I had to come dig up one of my own old threads/posts to find remember where i got my fans and stuff for. About to put a cooledor together for some temporary storage.