• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mild smokes...what should I try

deyomatic

I'm looking to try different things here, but every now and then I go out on a limb and end up with something way too spicy for me. I picked up the Padron 1964 Pricipe yesterday and had to toss it way too quickly. At the same time, I snagged a Padron 4000 and loved it. Are all of the others (3000, 2000, etc.) similar to the 4000? How about other less spicy ones to try?

You threw away a 1964!?!?!?! :0 I think I'm going to cry.

Yes all the 0000 Padróns taste similar, what type did you get? a natural or a maduro.

And since this seems to be a theme right now with the new guys.... use search, you'll find hundreds of threads about mild cigars quickly and painlessly.

Shawn

I think brother You should go to church (whatever church) and apologize for all your sins, especially for TOSSING AWAY PADRON 1964..

ooooh god oh god...
papst.gif

It's cool that you tossed it. Don't smoke what you don't like. If you're not very used to steak, you can't exactly jump right into a hunk o' Kobe beef and salivate over its every nuance.

Hmmmm, but you like the 4000, huh? A large smoke. If I could suggest a less spicy cigar, and I'm only guessing you're talking the maduro process version, I'd give the Sancho Panza Double Maduro Escaduro a whirl. Some nice flavor in a mild body and a large smoke as well. Very economically priced, to boot. If you're talking about "natural" wrappered cigars, and you desire even more mild than that, then I'd suggest just going straight to a Macanudo Gold. All jokes of them aside, they are invariably of impeccable construction and are well geared for the novice cigar smoker. A "gateway" cigar for many enthusiasts.

It's cool that you tossed it. Don't smoke what you don't like. If you're not very used to steak, you can't exactly jump right into a hunk o' Kobe beef and salivate over its every nuance.

Hmmmm, but you like the 4000, huh? A large smoke. If I could suggest a less spicy cigar, and I'm only guessing you're talking the maduro process version, I'd give the Sancho Panza Double Maduro Escaduro a whirl. Some nice flavor in a mild body and a large smoke as well. Very economically priced, to boot. If you're talking about "natural" wrappered cigars, and you desire even more mild than that, then I'd suggest just going straight to a Macanudo Gold. All jokes of them aside, they are invariably of impeccable construction and are well geared for the novice cigar smoker. A "gateway" cigar for many enthusiasts.

I was waiting till he answered the natural or maduro question regarding the Padrón 4000 but here goes...

Macanudo Cafe & Maduro are also good mild cigars.

The La Aurora Cameroon and Leon Jimenes are also good mild to medium cigars.

And while expensive, the normal Ashton line of cigars are also a mild treat.

Well, the 64 was a short cigar anyway, I got about 25 minutes out of it. On a personal note, I have sort of an aversion to saliva...makes me queezy...so when I get a cigar that makes me spit like this one did I head for the hills. I've been smoking cigars on and off for about 15 years now, started at 14ish. I just don't like anything spicy (food included). I don't mind if they taste a bit stronger, I just don't care for the "heat."
I'll admit that I haven't checked out the search function, so I will do that. It seems that I never have luck finding what I want when I use them. Thanks for the advice. The hunt is on...

Some others you might want to try:

Ashton Cabinets
Ashton Heritage Puro Sol
HdM Excalibur
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real
3x3

I will recommend the Ashton Classic line, The DC Romeo y Julietta tubos, the DC montecristo and monte whites, and the RP vintage 1999, and the CAO gold. All are good mild cigars.

I'd go for some 5 Vegas Gold, or 5 Vegas 'A' (if you like maduros). Mild, tasty, and inexpensive. Very consistent smokes, too.

I am a newb and by no means an expert on anything cigar related, but I was/am still looking for cigars that are considered more mild-medium bodied and in the past couple of weeks I have found a few that might be to your liking. I would recomend trying one of the following, an Avo Robusto, Padron 2000 (natural), or an Ashton Cabinet. These were my first three choices as a new cigar smoker and I found them to be very tasty but not overbearing. Hope this helps and good luck with choice(s).

I'd go for some 5 Vegas Gold, or 5 Vegas 'A' (if you like maduros). Mild, tasty, and inexpensive. Very consistent smokes, too.

I have to second those!! Many other great suggestions above, but funny enough, I didn't think the *000 series would be considered mild!!!!

I love a strong smoke, but for an early morning cigar, or while tending the BBQ when I have a real hunger on, there's always a few 5 Vegas in one of the humis to choose from.

The 4000 that I had was natural, sorry for not addressing that until now.

As Newfie says, one of my other favorites is La Gloria Cubana, and when I refered that that as being more a "mild" smoke, a shop owner asked me if I think that was mild, what do I consider full? So I guess what I don't like is the spicy aspect. Thanks.

By the way, I am all in favor of you tossing out that yucky 1964 Padron. In fact, you can send them to the address in my profile and I will properly dispose of them for you. :D

I will recommend the Ashton Classic line, The DC Romeo y Julietta tubos, the DC montecristo and monte whites, and the RP vintage 1999, and the CAO gold. All are good mild cigars.

I know everyone has personal preferences on taste, and everyone is different on how their palate perceives flavors, however I would advise against blowing good money on NC Montes, especially the whites. Of course the fact that I consider the Monte White total garbage and the other NC Montes sell in the double digit price range might have something to do with this. For the price of a NC Monte, you can get a La Aurora Preferidos Sapphire tubo.

The Leon Jimenez line is a very tasty mild-medium smoke. They're priced between $5.00 - $10.00 a stick, and while not a strong smoke, they are very flavorful.

Let me recommend to you the Perdomo La Tradicion Champagne. Well consrtucted, good blend, smoooooooth.

Oh, and some have told me that a Cuban RyJ#2 is good. But you and I can't have them.