• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MMA

He's supposed to be fighting Carlos Condit later this year.

Crap. Diego "The Wet Dream Of Forehead Vaginas" Sanchez is out of the Hughes fight this month with a broken hand. Koscheck to replace him if Hughes accepts the fight. I was actually kind of looking forward to that one.

In unrelated bragging, I was at 107 in Memphis when Diego obtained the new forehead orifice, thanks to BJ Penn. Good times. Good times...

That is going to be an interesting fight, though, love him or hate him. I hate the Diaz brothers... but I LOVE to watch them fight. Gotta give Brock some credit and respect; the man has ducked no one since entering the UFC. About the only easy fight he's had was Heath Herring, though past his prime, Herring gave fits to a lot of PRIDE's top heavyweights back in the day. I don't like his attitude at all, either, but his resume (especially having all of, what... six or seven TOTAL pro fights under his belt, now?) can't be denied.

Kos/Hughes is official.

Guida/Bendo in November, too! This year has certainly been making up for last year's lackluster 12 months in MMA. Many good fights outside the UFC's eight walls, too.

Wow, Nick Diaz no-shows several media appointments, skips flights, won't answer the phone when Dana calls, and ran out the back door of his house when Caesar Gracie went to try and find him. Dana White showed him the door, and now it's GSP/Condit. Diaz made a YouTube video yesterday saying that it's apparent that Dana wanted to do this all along to protect his "golden boy" GSP. OoooooooKaaaaaay. Little too much MaryJane there, Nicky.

Condit is probably an all around tougher fight for GSP, though I was looking forward to seeing Diaz get humbled. No word, yet, on who BJ is going to fight, now. Hopefully it's the Fitch rematch for #1 contender, as the BJ/Condit fight was supposed to be.

Also, Big Nog/Mir II for December in Canadia. This should be good. Mir is one of my favorite fighters, but he KO'd a depleted and physically broken Nog in their last fight. I hope that the Nog that showed up in Brazil shows up to the fight with Mir. I don't think I'll be having a favorite in that one. I just hope for a good fight.

Lots of great matchmaking this year by the UFC.

Mir is a great fighter, when he shows up to fight....

To many times he shold have dominated, but didnt seem to be in the fight menatally, still..I alwyas cheer for him....

Tim

Seems that Frank forgot that he's got some decent (not world class, but decent) wrestling and is a BJJ black belt, in favor of becoming a striker. He's GREATLY improved his striking in the last two years or so. The Nog fight and even the second Lesnar fight before he got flattened, he showed some darn tootin' handwork. That's fine when he can keep it standing, but it just seems that when he gets in trouble standing up, he forgets that he is VERY dangerous on the mat and kind of panics. The Carwin fight is a perfect example of that.

I really like Frank Mir, and I would LOVE to see him make another successful run at the championship. However, I truly and sadly feel that he just can't hang with the top tier heavyweight strikers right now, like Cain, Brock, and JDS. If he can beat Nogueira, I'd love to see him fight JDS (which would hopefully be for the championship!).