• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mmmm Philly Cheesesteak.... Aug. 18-25

Audi_kraut

Sadly I'll be missing the Quad State Herf. My trip to Rio was a bust and got pushed back to the 1st quarter of next year. But I'll be in New Jersey from the 18th to the 25th for testing. I'll be spending my days in Pennsauken, NJ to be exact. But I figured it was close enough to Philidelphia that I might as well stay there. I'll have a car so I'll be mobile.

Other than sight seeing and hitting up Holts I really have no other plans. Is there any good golfing around there?

Not sure whom is out that direction or what you consider a normal drive (one side of Houston to the other takes over an hour). But I'd love to meet up with some of yall if we can set a date/time. Hope to see some of y'all.

I used to live in Philly, too bad! Philly is great though. No real golfing without a drive to speak of, but the food is amazing! Other than the usual cheese steak if you have time yu should go to John's roast pork on Delaware right between the Ikea and monster pet complex's. And At night on the corner of 2nd and Parish is a hidden gem. Its called the Standard Tap and yu should check it out for great food and beer! And other than Holt's you should check out Philly Smoke Shop at 2327 Cottman Ave. I like the people there much more. In fact the owner Chris is a member here!

Have fun!

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll definitely look into those places and only mentioned Holts because it's been mentioned in passing at a few of our Herfs.

Looks like I'll be leaving the clubs behind, but there seems to be plenty to keep me occupied. Hope all is well Mark, let me know if you have more aged Anejos to unload :D

Oyster House at 1516 Sansom Street has some of Philly's best seafood

I'll go ahead and start the Cheesesteak flame war. Tony Lukes is the best, hands down. Genos and Pats are kinda tourist trapish. Also check out Reading Terminal Market.
2x on Philly Smoke Shop. Chris is aces!

I'll go ahead and start the Cheesesteak flame war. Tony Lukes is the best, hands down. Genos and Pats are kinda tourist trapish. Also check out Reading Terminal Market.
2x on Philly Smoke Shop. Chris is aces!

x2. Stopped into Tony Luke's on Friday. Great Philly cheesesteak! The vinegar sauce in the bottle on the condiments table is da bomb!

Sounds like I have a lot of smoking and eating ahead of me. Looking forward to taking in the sights for a few days as I have Saturday and Sunday to myself.

Didn't make it to any of the cigar shops by the time I got to the Hotel, but I did manage to grab some dinner. Great recommendation guys! Looking forward to tomorrow's adventure..

551691_10102286741323930_1484367866_n.jpg

Houston, at holts and they have a quite a few cigars that are out of stock locally. Ley me know if you want me to bring any home for you. Picked up some #9s and regional sticks for our next herf.

Let's not forget Jim's on South Street. I find my way to Philly quite often for business. A hearing I had scheduled for Wednesday was continued. So much in the way of culture there. From a historic perspective to good food. Outside of cheesesteaks, I'd look at any of Chef Jose Garces's restaurants.