• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MMS up and running on iPhone

Sync with iTunes, there will be a carrier settings update applied, reboot the phone and then when you go into text messaging there is a camera icon that lets you add pics from on the phone or take pics right then.

Two friends have updated their iPhones today and their response has been a resounding "fail". I didn't ask the details but the comments were:

"No go. These people never seem to get anything right."
"So far, no good: iPhone MMS is a big FAIL for me so far -- nothing sends."

Although, who knows. Maybe it's just the sound of the global network crashing from billions of pictures being simultaneously transfered. I don't know how iPhone people put up with what they do.

Blackberry all the way...can't beat it...not as many apps, but IMHO more reliabe and easy to use.

Got to admit, I was a little skeptical at first too...but I've been sending and receiving without problems.

Then again, I do hear bad things about the networks in NY and SF, like at&t service is complete and total crap there.

So far it's been working flawlessly for me. I'm sure that the TONS of iPhone users sending pictures with a frenzy today has been causing problems, once the novelty wears off in a couple days things will be ok I bet.

So far it's been working flawlessly for me. I'm sure that the TONS of iPhone users sending pictures with a frenzy today has been causing problems, once the novelty wears off in a couple days things will be ok I bet.

Yes Charlie...that's it. Keep believing the lie, and you'll feel a warm sensation wash over you, comforting you into Apple-Automaton Servitude...

Just sayin'... :sign:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's some kind of phased rollout, if not everyone is seeing it. Based on last number of serial for next ten days, for example. Been too lazy to switch to the Windows machine to see if mine will update. :)

AT&T has said it is already seeing 'record traffic during peak hours of the night' with just the users selected for testing, and so it is 'very nervous' about the spike in traffic that it expects will occur after it launched MMS service for iPhones on Friday. Of course, setting records for MMS traffic isn't that great a feat considering that 'the service in question has been out for years on other handsets and hasn't exactly taken the mobile world by storm. In 2008, MMS made up just 2.5 percent of all messages sent from phones worldwide, meaning about 97.5 percent were SMS text messages, according to ABI Research. ABI expects the MMS share to grow to just 4.5 percent by 2014.' However, the carrier's fears in one respect may have been justified, says ABI analyst Dan Shey: 'Interoperability between carriers has always been an issue, and that's why MMS usage hasn't really taken off.

(hat tip: /.)

I think that the another reason why ATT is worried is that the iphone and it's users are more inclined to use the MMS service. The iphone with it's large screen and extremely large user base is guaranteed to see more MMS usage than previous platforms. The question is only "how much?" I can understand why ATT is nervous here.

Yes Charlie...that's it. Keep believing the lie, and you'll feel a warm sensation wash over you, comforting you into Apple-Automaton Servitude...

Just sayin'...
sign.gif

LOL! Hey, the kool-aide is tasty, honest! :laugh:

Nah, seriously I am the furthest thing from a mac weenie. They do happen to make a great phone and MP3 player, but I hate their OS and their computers are definitely not for me. I love building my own desktops. :)

So the MMS update has issues, and I have to email photos instead of using the messaging service to send them. So what? The iPhone is still the greatest hand held device ever. I love everything about it.