• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Modern Marvels Tobacco

DKAudio

Ever seen it?

I am watching it now, pretty interesting.

They are doing cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless, etc...

ya, seen it. very cool...they talk to one of the fuentes and show the rolling room, talk about opus's as well.

Second time I've watched it. The cigarette part made me glad I don't smoke them! The "mother liquor" reconstituted tobacco, and added floor sweepings were a bit of an eye-opener.

Billy

Saw that too. Very interesting and pretty well done. It was cool to see the rolling room for Opus and the process each cigar goes through. Definately worth watching if you haven't seen it.

they talk to one of the fuentes and show the rolling room, talk about opus's as well.

It was cool to see the rolling room for Opus and the process each cigar goes through. Definately worth watching if you haven't seen it.

My favorite part!

I've been to the Opus room a couple of times already. The factory operation is a sight to see. It's amazing to see what goes into a cigar. They have a box factory that makes all the boxes for all their cigars. Carlos Sr. never wanted to be in the box making business, but when the first Mahogany Opus X boxes cost a mint to have made, Sr. then said, I guess we have to make our own boxes....
DSC00854.jpg

I even had a chance to see the prototype Diamond Crown Maximus box designed by Drew Newman.
DSC00866.jpg

The Opus X packing room is small and only 3 people are in it. One inspector and two packers. They only do one size cigar at a time. When I was there, they were packaging robustos. I asked Carlito, what do they do with the ones that don't pass inspection...he handed a few to me and said "smoke 'em!"

Great story and pictures opusXmarco.
Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Great show, wish it was all about cigars tho.

Its amazing how much processing of the tobacco is done to make cigarettes that taste like crap compared the real deal in cigars. Its all about free basing nicotine, ie getting your consumers hooked. And it all started with the poor rolling up scraps off the floor.

I've been to the Opus room a couple of times already...

Is it as easy as going to the DR on vacation and dropping by for a tour? Or do you have to be "in the biz?" ???

Krautle,

The Fuente factories are within a government zone and you need clearance to enter. There are tons of other companies within this zone. General tobacco, clothing companies are all there. The best thing to do is send an email to karl@cigarfamily.com and see what the procedure is to get a tour. Not sure of company policy...