• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moderntimes sold too

IngloriousBasterd

At least another craft brewery bought them but still I would have never guessed Brewery X buying them. Didn’t know Moderntimes was that deep in debt but in the deal Brewery X doesn’t acquire the debt. Sold for 20mil. Will be interesting to see the future of these 2 breweries. Having gone to brewery x many times I always knew they started that place with a good amount of money but I didn’t know the owners had this kind of money

Hmm, me neither. All I knew about Brewery X was that they were Anaheim based and had a footprint at the Honda Center (went there for a concert). I though MT was employee owned? At any rate, this move surprises me, more because I had no idea Brewery X would have the ability to make such an acquisition.

Hmm, me neither. All I knew about Brewery X was that they were Anaheim based and had a footprint at the Honda Center (went there for a concert). I though MT was employee owned? At any rate, this move surprises me, more because I had no idea Brewery X would have the ability to make such an acquisition.
Yeah me either. The router I heard though is the owners come from Disney Money. Brewery X runs the brewery/restaurant at Angels Stadium too

I've never even heard of Brewery X.
Yeah that’s why it’s kinda nuts. They are a hyper local spot but very big. It’s a giant place and there’s always a ton of people there hanging out and drinking beers but they don’t distribute very far

Yeah that’s why it’s kinda nuts. They are a hyper local spot but very big. It’s a giant place and there’s always a ton of people there hanging out and drinking beers but they don’t distribute very far

I just looked them up on Untappd, because I had never heard of them either. Their highest rated beer is a 4.10

7C19B54F-69D8-46CB-8731-F71AA83D2168.png

I just looked them up on Untappd, because I had never heard of them either. Their highest rated beer is a 4.10

View attachment 57431
Yeah their beer has never been anything to write home about and they don’t do all those BA pastry stouts and mixed ferm saisons and stuff but the beer they do make is solid. I enjoy their stuff but when I see it for sale at a liquor store I never buy it. But it’s a fun place to go hang out and have beers and I like sitting in their brewery/restaurant at Angels stadium

Tiny place with no distribution, no ridiculous fanboi beers that have hours long lines on drop day, but enough cash to have a presence at two arenas and an airport, and buying out other breweries?

Yeah, sounds way more likely to be Disney money than small brewery money.

I just worry that this is a move ultimately setting up a large scale sale to AB-Inbev. I still support breweries that have "sold out" or been acquired by other conglomerates (Firestone Walker, for example), but selling to AB-Inbev is a no-go for me. Just my personal 2 cents.

Wasn't surprised to see Brewery X back out. I thought Maui was part of a larger collective owned by AB-Inbev, but I may be confusing them with Kona.

At any rate, anything that strengthens a bond between HI and CA is a-okay in my book.

Wasn't surprised to see Brewery X back out. I thought Maui was part of a larger collective owned by AB-Inbev, but I may be confusing them with Kona.

At any rate, anything that strengthens a bond between HI and CA is a-okay in my book.
Yeah I know Kona is part of a collective of a couple brewery’s that’s part owned by AB InBev. Not sure about Maui

I thought Maui was part of a larger collective owned by AB-Inbev, but I may be confusing them with Kona.

A couple years back, some beer publication mistakenly said Maui was owned by Constellation (Corona, modello, ballast point). A few other places ran with it, and it seems like it's stuck. But they're independent.