• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mojito Ingredients ?

I've heard that 10 Cane rum is very good with Mojitos. I haven't tried it yet. I've used white Bacardi and also Black Seal. Both are good, the Black Seal is obviously a dark, rich rum and changes the flavor away from a typical Mojito.

My recipe:

1 lime cut into 8 chunks
5-8 medium mint leaves
2 tsp Turbinado style sugar (you want big crystals to help grind up the limes/Mint)
3 oz White Rum
Ice cubes
Club soda to cover

In a heavy shaker add limes, sugar and mint. Mash up with a heavy muddler until sugar is dissolved and limes are mashed. Add a handful of ice cubes,and rum. Shake for 15 secs until very cold. Strain into a lowball glass with ice, top with club soda.

Adjust sugar and rum amounts to taste. A Mojito is not supposed to be a highly sweet drink, go easy on the sugar.

10 Cane Rum is great for Mojitos. Also if anyone is ever at a Brasa's (Brazilian Steakhouse. Meat on sticks= Heaven) their Mojitos are awesome.

I have always used the recipe found on Bacardi's website. I like to use Bacardi Superior anyways, so it just works out. My only suggestion not on that site, would be to use something like sugar in the raw instead of table sugar.

Over at Casa here in Vegas they use Montecristo 12yr Dark Rum which is amazing!!!
gallery_2524_907_13227.gif