• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mojito's

Mr. Robusto

Lately, my wife and I have been drinking Mojito's. Very refreshing, but be careful....they can sneak up on you.

Here is the recipe that I used:

I bunch fresh mint leaves
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2-2/3 cup fresh lime juice (Depends on how much you like limes)
1 1/2 cups white rum (I used Bacardi, I'm sure there are better ones available)
6 cups club soda
6 cups crushed ice

Wash and stem the mint leaves, reserving 6 whole sprigs for garnish. Place the mint leaves in the bottom of a sturdy pitcher and add the sugar. Mash the mint leaves and sugar together, using the tip of a wooden spoon – this extracts the mint oils. Add the lime juice and rum and stir until the sugar is dissolved. The recipe can be made several hours ahead to this stage. However, expect some discoloring in the mint leaves if you make the mojitos more than 20 minutes ahead.

Just before serving, add the club soda slowly and gently stir to mix. The mint leaves will rise to the top. (You can then either skim off the leaves or pour thru some sort of a filter. I used a small bar funnel with screen.)

Partially fill 6 highball glasses with ice. Add the mojito mixture and garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh mint.

Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Mr. Robusto said:
1 1/2 cups white rum (I used Bacardi, I'm sure there are better ones available)
:) Yes, there are. :)

Sounds delicious! Can you use dark rum instead of white? Only problem is that I'm on Atkins...I wonder how it would taste with Splenda instead of sugar? Probably icky......

I agree very tasty.

I also use coke instead of club soda and that tastes even better (in my op.)