• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold on my sponge

Eliek54

Hi, I've been noticing a kind of white mold on my sponge. I don't know if i should call it mold. It look like white cotton on the sponge. My cigars look fine, but i don't know what's the problem.

Can someone help me?

Thank you (I could send pictures if needed)

Hi, I've been noticing a kind of white mold on my sponge. I don't know if i should call it mold. It look like white cotton on the sponge. My cigars look fine, but i don't know what's the problem.

Can someone help me?

Thank you (I could send pictures if needed)

That is most likely mold, get it out of your humidor now.

I was recently told by the owner of my local B&M that I should use cognac in a foam credo instead of distilled water. He said "it will never mold", "it is the best kind of humidity for cigars", and "will impart a nice flavor". I searched all over the web to see if ayone eles has every suggested this and came up with nothing. It sounded kind of strange and seems like it would ruin the humidor. Anyone eles ever hear of anything like this?

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, now I've heard everything.

Doc.

I know......Im kind of surprised. This is a good shop too that has been around for a long time. Seemed like very strange advice that I will not be following.

Put distilled water in your creedo, drink the cognac. Better yet use the beads!

I guess it could have been worse. He could have told him to put Old Spice on the creedo instead of cognac. That won't grow mold either.

I was recently told by the owner of my local B&M that I should use cognac in a foam credo instead of distilled water. He said "it will never mold", "it is the best kind of humidity for cigars", and "will impart a nice flavor". I searched all over the web to see if ayone eles has every suggested this and came up with nothing. It sounded kind of strange and seems like it would ruin the humidor. Anyone eles ever hear of anything like this?

What'd you do to miss him off? :0