• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold?

Jumpfrog

Hi there I am new to the forum and would appreciate any comments. I would greatly value anyone's opinion on my cigar. I feel it is most likely mold but it doesn't look too bad. Is it smoke able?
Thanks
I cannot figure out how to upload a photo from my iPhone

Glad you're here and have no problem answering any questions for you. Make sure you go to the "introduce yourself here" forum and post a little info so we can get to know you.

As was stated head over to the intro forum. Research the forum. This topic has been discussed at nauseum here. You will find many photos and you will get your answer. When you think it's mold. It most likely is. As far as being smokable, that depends, if a few spots probably fine clean it off and light up. If it looks like it needs a shave, toss it.

CMontoya79 said:
As was stated head over to the intro forum. Research the forum. This topic has been discussed at nauseum here. You will find many photos and you will get your answer. When you think it's mold. It most likely is. As far as being smokable, that depends, if a few spots probably fine clean it off and light up. If it looks like it needs a shave, toss it.

Completely agree on all points, most especially "research the forum" and "if you think it's mold, it most likely is".

A little wrapper spot or two can be wiped off with some distilled water and smoked.  If it's on the foot, it's trash.

And post an intro.  It's the polite thing to do. 

It's plume.  

What?  I can't give the guy a little hope?

i dilute some alcohol in distilled water, just a ltitle bit to kill any bacteria if it's on the wrapper, but if it's on the foot, please toss it, it ain't worth it

Since Jumpfrog hasn't responded in over a week I'm going to have to assume it WAS mold on the cigar, he smoked it, and is now recovering in the hospital.  Either that or he's still trying to figure out how to upload a photo from his iphone.   

It was plume and he was able to sell cigars at a premium!

you guys kill me!

T

I'm sure he got a mega premium on them since it was probably a sealed box.  How did he know there was plume on the cigars?  The box had a clear plastic slide top lid!  

JackSchwartz said:
Since Jumpfrog hasn't responded in over a week I'm going to have to assume it WAS mold on the cigar, he smoked it, and is now recovering in the hospital.  Either that or he's still trying to figure out how to upload a photo from his iphone.   

What the heck, you mean cigars aren't supposed to taste like old gym socks...??  Who knew....??... :p

I'm sure once his lung infection has cleared up he'll be back to post a review..."the taste of sweaty gym sock was prevalent, but it had underlying tones of tire fire and and my grandmother's attic.  I'll post photos as soon as I can figure out this iphone."

"....retrohale had notes of globo-gym locker room and my teenagers sleeping bag"

MX said:
"....retrohale had notes of globo-gym locker room and my teenagers sleeping bag"

Oh man, I just know that when I smoke my next cigar (no matter what it tastes like) all I'm going to taste is sweaty gym locker room and whatever a teenager's sleeping bag tastes like.  Thanks, MX!