• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mombacho?

SammyP

I've surmised they they're full-bodied Nicaraguan puros (hence my interest) made by Tropical. I can't find much info on them. Anyone try them, and if so, are they any good?

I have tried them. They are not as strong as they claim to be. Tasty. It is more of a everyday cigar. IMHO

The Robusto size seems to be the strongest. When the box of these is fresh/young they are incredibly strong IMO, but in 6 months the strength really tapers; a cigar with a half life you could say. I am a big fan of everything coming out of Tabacalera Tropical. Depending on the price you are getting on the Mombachos I prefer the Nicarao line.

-Matt-

The Robusto size seems to be the strongest. When the box of these is fresh/young they are incredibly strong IMO, but in 6 months the strength really tapers; a cigar with a half life you could say. I am a big fan of everything coming out of Tabacalera Tropical. Depending on the price you are getting on the Mombachos I prefer the Nicarao line.

-Matt-

Mombacho "Thermonuclear" - made from primarily all ligero leaf produced by Tabacalera Tropical. On a side note, Pete Johnson creator of Tatuaje used to use the "thermonuclear" cliche for a similar gimick cigar he used to make out of El Rey De Los Habanos a couple of years back. It was all ligero as well and was used as purely a "shock" cigar for people who liked over the top cigars. Kind like the guys we all know who say "I can eat any hot sauce..." Then you give them Liquid Stoopid to shut them up.

Mombacho "Thermonuclear"
A quick google search turned up a box of 'em for sale. Anyone know where you can get singles? Sounds like they'd be nice to have sitting around for one of "those guys".

My local had them in two sizes and I like 'em OK.

So, I gather that they're decent smokes, but nothing to write home about, eh? Thanks all!