• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moment of silence

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Well guys this is a sad for me. I had to take a dog to the vet. My buddy Major is getting his nads removed. I swore I would never do that to a dog I owned, but we own three large dogs 90lbs plus, all male.

The other two dogs were rescue and came fixed. We found Major running around Main Street one night and brought hime home as a pup. Well he is of age now and feels like he needs to challenge our Alpha male Argos. Who by the way is half pit bull and half lab. Major weighs about 60 so he is no match.

So in order to stop the fighting (only three big fights) we are getting Major fixed.

Here is a pic of the poor guy and yes that is a lit cigar...

DSC00370.jpg

Poor guy,

Lucky for me I haven't had to fix my pup. Nobody to fight with, but he does have a tendency to hump my friends wife every time he sees her. That and he pisses all over my girlfriend's parents house. They have an unfixed precious little ball of fur. Guess thats where the term pissing contest comes from. Great picture of Major with the cigar, but I'm guessing you had to cut and light.

Greg

1) Now, if you could teach HIM to cut and light and stick it in YOUR mouth...THAT would be worth a picture!

2) I (or my family/friends) have fixed every male dog in my life, and every one of them has been happier (long term) and better trained, better pets because of it. It really is the right thing to do. Also, it decreases the chance (eliminates, really) of unwanted breeding, if there is a female around. I know that there are differeing opinions about Spay and Neuter, especially in different parts of the country, but I have done a decent amount of work with animal welfare organizations, and unless you have ashow dog or abreed-standard that needs to be used to continue bloodlines, I see no reason why not to S&N a pet.
When I saw the title, and then the picture, I though something terrible (and unintentional) had happened to him. Glad to hear that's not the case. He (and you) will be happier in the long run, and Argos can stay in charge without having to hurt anybody.

Good for you and him. We don't need anymore animals at the already over crowded pounds.

No doubt in my mind that it's the right thing to do in your situtation. The whole pack will be happier for it.

Kentucky Mountain Oysters?

EWWWW @ AVB!

And this reminds me of the "Married with Children" When Al takes Buck to get his nuts cut. That was some funny stuff!

) Now, if you could teach HIM to cut and light and stick it in YOUR mouth...THAT would be worth a picture!

That would be worth $1000 a pup- no neutering if that's the case.

Damn straight! Breed that guy once he learns that trick. Hell, you can teach him that trick, I'll supply the bitches (thats right...good dog, plural action) if I can have pick of the litter.

Yea..then his dog and yours can pee all over the place!

Gary, I'm telling you, there are like three people in the world that she gets that freaked-out excited about seeing. You, my mom, and one of Laurie's friends who hates dogs. For just about everybody else, she comes over, greets you (excitedly, sure, but no pee anymore) and that's it.

Sorry to hear about your dog's impending surgery. I hope that it'll all go well and that things will calm down around the house. BTW, are you getting him those plastic prosthetic dog nuts so he doesn't feel quite so "different?"

Wilkey

Sorry to hear about your dog's impending surgery. I hope that it'll all go well and that things will calm down around the house. BTW, are you getting him those plastic prosthetic dog nuts so he doesn't feel quite so "different?"

Wilkey

LOL they make those???

Sorry to hear about your dog, but probably is best given the situation.

Look at it this way, it's like getting married.

Ken

Well he is of age now and feels like he needs to challenge our Alpha male Argos.

You mean, you aren't the Alpha male? :rolleyes:

I think it's good news that Major's gettin' fixed and I hope it helps the social issues with Argos. Now, I don't wanna jinx him but keep in mind that neutering isn't always a cure-all for dominance behavior. Kroger still tried to be a humper even after neutering...until we reinforced that even the laundry basket had a higher social position than him. :laugh:

Damn straight! Breed that guy once he learns that trick. Hell, you can teach him that trick, I'll supply the bitches (thats right...good dog, plural action) if I can have pick of the litter.

Yea..then his dog and yours can pee all over the place!

Gary, I'm telling you, there are like three people in the world that she gets that freaked-out excited about seeing. You, my mom, and one of Laurie's friends who hates dogs. For just about everybody else, she comes over, greets you (excitedly, sure, but no pee anymore) and that's it.

t-426.jpg