• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monster Mash Advent

View attachment 48171View attachment 48172
Wolf — 6 x 52 (Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper)
71°, beautiful afternoon with a slight breeze, drinking water, started at 3:32, straight cut
Great draw, plenty of smoke throughout
The first third has an excellent taste, picking up some toast, spice, woodiness
Another reviewer mentioned some nutty notes (as I'm allergic to tree nuts, I typically wouldn't identify those notes)
Side note: I would love to do a double-blind to see if I feel the same way about a smoke. Actually, I would love to see
the most popular reviewers do the same thing.
The second third has more of the same. I'm really having trouble identifying specific notes, but I'm getting a nice taste.
Good ash, maybe getting some nicotine so a clip and purge might be in my future.
The last third is getting some pepper, woodiness, brown sugar?
Ended at 5:02 or so for a 90 minutes smoke. So for me, I couldn't identify specific notes to my satisfaction, but I
enjoyed the Wolf and would be happy to smoke it anytime. 90
I've enjoyed all four of the monsters so far -
Frank 88
Drac 94
Face 91
Wolf 90
So...I would really love if someone else would throw a review or two in here for some variety.
I will catch up and throw something in here eventually!

Mummy — 6 1/4 x 47 (Sun Grown Criollo Wrapper)
Love the band, but it is very light in color
Smoking during a midweek vherf, so we'll see what I forget (like taking a picture during the smoke and paying attention to how long it took. Pretty sure it was about 90 minutes. Blame Chester, Floyd, and Hayden.
Pairing with water, but did have a little Ardbeg toward the end
I thought I caught some cayenne on the dry draw, but didn't notice it the rest of the smoke
The first third had a nice smooth taste with plenty of smoke. And that right there could be the whole review.
Ash fell pretty quickly, but every time I searched for notes, I felt that it was tasty and smooth.
The second third was more of the same.
And believe it or not, so was the last third. I thought I was picking up some pepper at the end, but overall it was a smooth,
enjoyable smoke. Boring review? Maybe, but it is what it is.
The review from Halfwheel threw out cedar, earth, chocolate, cinnamon, nutty, and creamy. So...there's that.
I would recommend this for a new smoker or for anyone looking for a relaxing 90 minutes. I'd give it a 91
It's funny, as many of you know, I do photography for a serious hobby in retirement, but getting a good image with my phone escapes me. :)
Next up: Jason

20211020_193904.jpg

Last edited:
Jason — 6 x 52 (Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper)
10/21/21 Thursday at 3:38 pm
cool 57° and breezy, having some minor issues with my lighter so I found an old Bic to do the honors.
Used a punch while listening to some classic rock
Dry Draw - pepper, is it ever anything else?
The first third had a nice taste, easy draw, and plenty of smoke full of wood, spice, and pepper. Not super strong but prominent.
Retrohale was definitely spice and pepper.
On a whole and till the end it was smooth like the Mummy but more in your face like a New Jersey/New York woman. Sweet, but not afraid to let you know where you stand. ;-)
The second third had some chocolate (the crust of a brownie - the best part) or coffee. I enjoyed this cigar most when I just stopped thinking about it.
During the last third, I watched a couple of other reviewers to see what they were picking up. One said it was a powerhouse and made him ill so he couldn't recommend it and the other seemed to be on the other extreme, picking up notes that I was completely missing. So some spice, pepper, wood, chocolate, and coffee mixed in there or just a good smoke.
I enjoyed the Jason from beginning to end. I think I was smoking a little fast but was happy with my 90 minutes.
I'd give it an 89. I never made it to stats in math, but all of these have fallen within a few points of each other and I've enjoyed each one
In the end, something we all need to ask ourselves is, "Are these sticks worth $12?"20211021_152452.jpg

Last edited:
Jekyll — 5 1/2 x 49 (Ecuadorian Sancti Spiritus Wrapper)
56°, nice afternoon, drinking water and listening to 80's music
The dry draw was a minty note, maybe some vanilla, kind of tight but didn't want to use the perfect draw
The first third - not as smokey as the other monsters, questioned if this was due to the draw and worried that I'd smoke too fast thinking it was going out.
More mint. Not an overpowering taste or notes
Great looking ash
The second third - creamy, sweat, white pepper, getting a saltiness on the tongue.
Retrohale was nice, but once or twice I went heavy on the retro and it greeted me with a bang just to remind me it was a cigar.
Thriller came on the iPad which was cool.
Another reviewer mentioned nutty notes as well
The last third had more wood and spice.
I was getting the mint throughout and initially, I thought, damn, I like it, but toward the end, I grew tired of it.
Smoke time was near 90 minutes
Like the "Mummy" this is not in my normal wheelhouse but was enjoyable for the first hour.
Like the "Drac" it was different from anything I've smoked on my newbie journey.
There is still a minty or white pepper note on my tongue.
I'm really having trouble giving this a rating. The first hour I was thinking 92 or so, but by the end, I was ready to be done with it. Would I smoke it again? Sure, but I'm not looking to do it often. For today, I'll put it at an 83, but who knows (could be higher or lower).
Next up is the "Hyde" 20211023_140308.jpg20211023_141917.jpg

Last edited:
Hyde — 5 1/2 x 49 (Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper)
10/24/21, water, 6:20, storm coming, 77°, might not be the smartest time to start a smoke, windy, but trying to stay out of it, used the v cut
Dry draw - mellow, hay, grass, reminds me of an IPA
The first third - plenty of smoke, notes - wood and nuts. Wow, glad I caught this before the vherf guys saw it or it would go sideways fast so let's go with a woodiness or nutty
Retro is nice, too much retro, not so much
Mellow but with character
Clouds are rolling by, the wind is moderate
Feels like I’m rushing - slow down
The second third - some spice, wood, nuts, hay, the good natural smells at a farm. Sticking with the IPA notes.
The last third followed with more of the same.
I tend to smoke slower when i use a nub on the final third. Go figure
Time to open the Oban I bought the other day
7:40 for an hour and 20 minutes
Score: 90

Stogie guys said Creamy, sweet, chocolaty, minty, and mouth-watering. Background notes include graham cracker, light cedar spice, tea, caramel, herbs, and almond. i often wonder if i had the same smoke as the internet guys. Halfwheel had some similarities to my newbie notes. They both mentioned mint

20211024_180841.jpg
20211024_190052.jpg

Last edited:
Krueger — 5 3/8 x 48 (Mexican San Andres Wrapper)
Back to the mid 50's again, home internet is down, 54°, overcast, slight wind, water, straight cut. Some Glenlivet 12 for the end, 3:27, the stick looks and feels great
Dry draw- easy, not picking up anything
The first third - initial draw made me think salsa. salt, nice taste, pretzels same to mind so salt is the main note so far, not like licking a salt block just notes, plenty of smoke, nice ash a half-inch in, maybe some wood or leather
This winter is going to suck, it's 55 and I’m cold already. maybe if it was sunny and 55
Retro is still similar but overall, a sweetness is coming on. Enjoying smoke so far
The second third - is approaching and some cool wind, small touch up
Pretty much into a light sweet and salty
Nothing new, the smoke has mellowed into a nice mix of salt and sweetness
The final third - did a clip and purge and the taste came back alive
Catching some of the mint I’ve gotten from some of the others
Caught some chocolate toward the end and mellowed quite a bit
The last half inch attacked my tongue after some Glenlivet 12 and orange soda
Solid smoke
4:57 for a 90 minute stick
Score: 91 maybe a point or two higher.
20211025_152942.jpg
Frank 88
Drac 94
Face 91
Wolf 90
Mummy 91
Jason 89
Jekyll 83
Hyde 90
Krueger 91
Tomorrow is the MIchael

Attachments

• 20211025_155257.jpg
    20211025_155257.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I remember liking the OR Krueger when they first came out! I have slowed down on the Mash smoking, so I am glad you are staying on point and I love reading all these!!

I remember liking the OR Krueger when they first came out! I have slowed down on the Mash smoking, so I am glad you are staying on point and I love reading all these!!
Great read and write up joe! 😊
Thanks for the encouragement. I should have given myself more time to finish all 14/15 just for variety sake and life but we're on the downhill side now

View attachment 48171View attachment 48172
Wolf — 6 x 52 (Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper)
71°, beautiful afternoon with a slight breeze, drinking water, started at 3:32, straight cut
Great draw, plenty of smoke throughout
The first third has an excellent taste, picking up some toast, spice, woodiness
Another reviewer mentioned some nutty notes (as I'm allergic to tree nuts, I typically wouldn't identify those notes)
Side note: I would love to do a double-blind to see if I feel the same way about a smoke. Actually, I would love to see
the most popular reviewers do the same thing.
The second third has more of the same. I'm really having trouble identifying specific notes, but I'm getting a nice taste.
Good ash, maybe getting some nicotine so a clip and purge might be in my future.
The last third is getting some pepper, woodiness, brown sugar?
Ended at 5:02 or so for a 90 minutes smoke. So for me, I couldn't identify specific notes to my satisfaction, but I
enjoyed the Wolf and would be happy to smoke it anytime. 90
I've enjoyed all four of the monsters so far -
Frank 88
Drac 94
Face 91
Wolf 90
So...I would really love if someone else would throw a review or two in here for some variety.
Joe, Just lit this Wolf up!
I am getting a ton of smoke on each draw. Very toasty like you said with a slight spice to start. I am noticing that the wrapper is very oily, I would not think this was the case, but it even feels like it leaves an oil feeling on my lips after each draw.
I am half way through now and will update as I go, but starting off on a medium side which I was not expecting.

Joe, Just lit this Wolf up!
I am getting a ton of smoke on each draw. Very toasty like you said with a slight spice to start. I am noticing that the wrapper is very oily, I would not think this was the case, but it even feels like it leaves an oil feeling on my lips after each draw.
I am half way through now and will update as I go, but starting off on a medium side which I was not expecting.
Finishing out much like it started but I’m getting a little more white pepper in the final third. Great smoke but still tank the Drac higher although this is really good. I have a Wolf big boy and wish I had the time to smoke it tonight.
0DDADA1A-005A-4B01-8F28-34C57F6F4027.jpeg

Michael — 5 x 52 (Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper)
61°, nice day, little breeze, water, used the trusty punch, started at 5:35

Dry draw made me think I was in for some pepper

The first third - easy light, plenty of smoke
Not identifying any notes makes me wonder if there are some nutty notes
One spot with a torn wrapper. should not be an issue. But it became more of one than I hoped
Needed an early touch-up, but only once
Retrohale - bread or toast - In the end, the retrohale was when this cigar spoke to me the most.
Nothing is grabbing my attention
The second third - some slight sweetness
At this point this could be one of the most boring smokes I’ve had
The cigar never did anything for me. By far, the least enjoyable smoke from this series.
Always an easy draw, plenty of smoke, but only hints of bread throughout. I don't know what to say
Finished at 7:00 with an uneventful smoke
Score: 70 I have another box, so I'll smoke it again, but it was definitely disappointing relative to the rest of the series.
Hopefully, the "Chuck" will get me back on track tomorrow, but it is the same wrapper so....

A picture or two to follow.

Michael — 5 x 52 (Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper)
61°, nice day, little breeze, water, used the trusty punch, started at 5:35

Dry draw made me think I was in for some pepper

The first third - easy light, plenty of smoke
Not identifying any notes makes me wonder if there are some nutty notes
One spot with a torn wrapper. should not be an issue. But it became more of one than I hoped
Needed an early touch-up, but only once
Retrohale - bread or toast - In the end, the retrohale was when this cigar spoke to me the most.
Nothing is grabbing my attention
The second third - some slight sweetness
At this point this could be one of the most boring smokes I’ve had
The cigar never did anything for me. By far, the least enjoyable smoke from this series.
Always an easy draw, plenty of smoke, but only hints of bread throughout. I don't know what to say
Finished at 7:00 with an uneventful smoke
Score: 70 I have another box, so I'll smoke it again, but it was definitely disappointing relative to the rest of the series.
Hopefully, the "Chuck" will get me back on track tomorrow, but it is the same wrapper so....

A picture or two to follow.
Bummer that this one was blend for ya. You’re in for a treat tomorrow, though! The Chuck is an awesome smoke.
Smoke!