• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte #5s

Marito

Anyone had/like/dislike these little sticks? To those with any Monte #5 experience, What are they like on a strength scale? How do they measure up as a winter smoke?

I've had a few young ones and they can pack a punch for sure.

They pack a lot of flavor for such a little stick (4 X 42). Medium body,spicy tones,nice finish,good construction... Just too damn small for my personal preferences.

I enjoy them. With some age, they mellow nicely, but are still FULL of flavor. They are small, but when you want quality and flavor, btu don't have much time, they fit the bill. Of course, there are many ISOM small sticks that are outstanding, and you will get no shortage of input on this site about which are better than the 5's.

One of my favorite Perlas along with the Siglo I and PPP. A must try I think.

An aged Montecristo #5 is classic, though it leaves you wishing you had a #4, which leaves you wishing it was a #3, etc., etc. Younger #5s, as well as #4's benefit well from aging. If you are looking for something relatively quick, that will be medium to full flavored, this is a good smoke in it's early years. With age it will mellow and become much more complex.

DocRKS said:
They pack a lot of flavor for such a little stick (4 X 42). Medium body,spicy tones,nice finish,good construction... Just too damn small for my personal preferences.
[snapback]258957[/snapback]​
WOW, I get to correct the Doc! :laugh:

These are 4x40 or a "Perlas" vitola, same size as a Siglo I, Punch Petit Punch and Diplo #5.

I personally don't like the vitola and especially not the Monte. I find the Monte kind of flat and I find the other Perlas too small for my liking.

coventrycat86 said:
WOW, I get to correct the Doc! :laugh:

These are 4x40 or a "Perlas" vitola.

Thanks CC.... I stand corrected :thumbs:

but I am happy to state that my box of these is even a better value then I thought as these sticks must be 'overfilled'.... they are certainly more than a 40 ring ...talk about value :whistling: :rolleyes:

I found that about 5 plus in my box were too plugged to smoke. A few were outstanding though. Be careful not to smoke them too fast because they easily burn hot.

purosdave said:
I prefer the Diplo to the Monte in this size. Though vice versa for the #4s. ???
[snapback]260849[/snapback]​

Interesting. My preference is the exact opposite.