• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte A's

2stroke_bluesmoke

Hello everyone. I have a chance to get some Montecristo A's for $700 for the box. Is this a good price. Are the Monte A's worth all the hype? Thanks in advance.

Well do you like A size cigars? IMO an A size cigar takes a certain type of cigar smoker to enjoy. I do enjoy the hell out of them, but I consider myself rare.

I have handed my buddy ( a more novice cigar smoker) one of those and he stopped WAY before the end and said he didnt like it, it was too big.

as for the price:

I can get a box for @ 550 so you make the call if they are worth it or not. I only have 1 of these smokes and havent had it, but I am sure they taste great.

Hope that helps with your descion bro

Phil

Thanks Phil. I am taking a liking to the RyJ Churchills and Hoyo Double Coronas. I'm not sure how much of a stretch it would be to go to a 9.0 ring from the 7.0 and 7.5 respectively. Also, your price sounds more attractive; how can I pay (check, Paypal, mo, etc.). Thanks.
Bill

Unless there was some background PM'ing I'm not aware of, I'm pretty sure that Phil wasn't offering to purchase the cigars for you - he was just telling you what a good price would be.

I don't think it would take too much arm twisting to get Phil to buy a box of Monte A's.LMAO :p ;) :p

:sign:

An aged Monte A is wonderful, but it needs to be smoked slow. Invest a couple hours plus in one and you will get your money's worth.

Sorry if I was out of line; I was of the impression that Phil would be able to get some for about $550. If anyone knows where to get them at that price, and I understand the problem w/open posting, let me know in a PM. In any case, I believe in sharing; so if anyone wants a Monte A let me know. Thanks.
Bill

GRAN CORONA - 9 1/4" x 47 (235 x 18.65 mm)
Dunhill Havana Club, Hoyo de Moneterrey Particulares, Montecristo A, Punch Diademas Extra, Sancho Panza Sanchos
etc., etc.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Monty A's!

Sorry, I'll get a mop! :p

Hello everyone,
No I didn't drop off the face of the earth. :D I have been waiting for some IRS money to purchase the Monte A's. I am now FINALLY going to purchase a box. If you are a regular to the pass and PM me I will be parting out the box. Phil has a few earmarked already for helping me out (read: Free). Anyways, if you want some PM me. Hope all is well.
Bill

I LOVE the whole idea of an "A" size but I've never had one. I think I'd prefer a brand other than a Monte though.

"A" size is a Churchill with an extra 2 1/4 added to the end WOW!

have had 2 sanchos from an ene01 box...be prepared to wait a long time...at 3 years these are not ready (imo).

derrek :)

A couple of hours man your out of your mind Matt, try a half a day LMAO

those "A" series cigars are one humongous smoke :0

some of us take just a little longer to savior the pleasures our smokes ;)

BenjieV :D

Just smoke my first 2 A's ever: a Monte A and a Cuaba Diadiema A. Definitely a long time to smoke down. I think it took me over two and a half hours each. Of course 2 consecutive days just to make an even comparison. The Cuaba was one of the finest smokes I've had. Very aromatic and flavorful from beginning to end. Sweet!

2stroke_bluesmoke said:
Just smoke my first 2 A's ever: a Monte A and a Cuaba Diadiema A. Definitely a long time to smoke down. I think it took me over two and a half hours each. Of course 2 consecutive days just to make an even comparison. The Cuaba was one of the finest smokes I've had. Very aromatic and flavorful from beginning to end. Sweet!
My brother just smoked his first Monte A that I got him in Feb - said it took 4 hours.

2stroke_bluesmoke said:
Since you dug this up, what price did you end up paying for the "A"s ? Any possibility of selling a 3 pack?