• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo #2 ISOM

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Holy cows! The Montecristo #2 deserves all of the accolades it receives.

The stick had a beautiful and heavily oiled wrapper w/ no veins. A clean clip followed by a pre-light draw led to tastes of fresh cut grass and cocoa.

From the first puff to last, the #2 was a phenomenal smoke. The thing was like smoking a fine bar of chocolate. Rich and complex. The draw was medium and the aroma was unbelievably pleasant...so much so that our server commented on it.

**Toaster: If you want to taste something in a cigar, give this one a go**

The ash of the Monte was of the typical grey/white variety, but man was it solid! Two plus inches easily. After it cooled I picked it up, looked it over, and even managed to give it a little squeeze. Nifty.

All-in-all, The Montecristo #2 is running neck-and-neck with the Padron 1926 #9 as my favorite smoke to date. The ironic thing is that this particular #2 was fresh. With two year's time in the humi it would be just that much more complex and amazing.

Get your hands on one. You won't be sorry you did.

Tony Bones said:
**Toaster: If you want to taste something in a cigar, give this one a go**
The Monte #2 is one of my favorite smokes - period. (check my profile ;))

Great review... and I agree :thumbs: The #2 is one of the best vitola's coming from that stupid little island :) and this years (well, the 03's) are gooooooood.

Tony Bones said:
All-in-all, The Montecristo #2 is running neck-and-neck with the Padron 1926 #9 as my favorite smoke to date. The ironic thing is that this particular #2 was fresh. With two year's time in the humi it would be just that much more complex and amazing.
Nice review! While I like the Monte #2's quite a bit, I wish I liked em as much as you do. Would be a lot cheaper for me. :)

Had some of the Monte #2 from March '03. Fabulous. Everything a smoke should be. Also, had a more recent Oct '03, not quite the same depth and character.

I agree that the Monte#2 from '03 vary from good to excellent they are still my favorite smokes. When they are on..... they can't be beat.

IBPikin said:
I agree that the Monte#2 from '03 vary from good to excellent they are still my favorite smokes. When they are on..... they can't be beat.
Boy, I'm w/ you there. I should have bought the entire box I got this 5'er from. Ah, hindsight is always 20/20 :)