• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo #2

dulaney22

Banned
Had a nice morning and the lure of an '06 Monte #2 was more than I could stand. I pulled this one from the humi and admired the classic cigar. It was adorned with a dark brown wrapper . . . a bit bumpy and veiny. Feel was spongy and there really wasn't much by way of aroma. Oil? Whew . . . this one had plenty.

I sliced the head to find a nice draw. The stogie lit easily and I was greeted by rich molasses and sweet spice. Almost immediately, this turned to more of a woody taste, with undertones of cream, vanilla in flavor. About an inch in, I noted some citrus and, by the end of the initial third, a backdrop of roasted nuts. I was thoroughly pleased to experience a proper burn and tons of bluish-white smoke.

Almost without warning, the smoke turned to pure coffee, with subtle undertones of chocolate. These flavors built in strength and, by the final third, mocha and roasted nuts predominated the smoke. The end was truly phenomenal. Rich mocha would come and go with touches of cinnamon and woody notes varying in intensity.

I have had the pleasure of experiencing several of these famed cigars. However, this one left no question as to the basis for its hype.

Slide1-4.jpg

Sounds tasty! Probably at the top of my wishlist right now. Thanks for the review, Lee!

I've had one sitting in the humi for probably close to 5 years, just waiting for the perfect time to light it up. I'm looking forward to that day! Thanks for tempting me. :whistling:

I had an 08 on the course this weekend.
It was so good, I had another! :D

Nice review.

The Monte #2 is one of my all time favorites, as it is with many BOTLs. Most of the ones I've enjoyed have been exactly as you describe, however my last one was a bit off. I've got one more in my humidor which will be smoked soon.

Great review!

Edit for poor spelling.

Thanks for sharing. I would have to say that this is my all time favorite CC. Nice pics by the way.