• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo 80 Aniversario

CigSid

Love this place...
In 1935, Alonso Menéndez created the Montecristo brand, meaning that 2015 marked its 80th anniversary—and of course, warrants an anniversary cigar... And.. of course they are late to the party again.

Beautiful cigar, very smooth wrapper, milk chocolate, just a few very small veins:

first pic not lit.jpg

Nice bunching:

bunching.jpg

Pairing with a coke on ice...

Warm summer evening, around 6:50 pm, and about 85 degrees outside.

I use the largest punch I could find

punch.jpg

Initial aroma: very mild sweet hay.

Cold draw:

Very salty, with a bit of leather...

This much salt has to be from someone rolling these on a very hot humid day... Sweat is sweat, whether it is from a beautiful young virgin, or some old fat guy, but... since there is no way to really know, it's very important to create the mental image that helps you to enjoy the cigar as much as possible... I am picturing this beautiful young maiden, with glistening thighs...

cuban girl.jpg

Initial thought upon lighting:

Still slightly salty, muted, not much flavor... and big... very big. I start massaging my lips, to prevent stretch marks...

First third:

Perfect burn so far with a blended light and dark grey ash... the salt... its presence is still there, but now mostly on my lips... I find myself refraining from licking them, trying not to have it ruin my experience...

1st third.jpg

I was expecting an abundance of creamy smoke, which should be expected for a ring gauge of 70 (really 55, but big nonetheless) but it is not there... I try pulling a large amount of smoke and slowly let it go out my mouth and nose... still nothing...

Second third:

Still very mild, and not a lot of flavor... I find myself retroing each puff, and get a mild spice through the nose, but nothing very distinctive... I feel like I've wasted 40 minutes of my life so far with this one...

A little over halfway, and I just can't take it any longer...

halfway.jpg

I toss it into the ashtray, and think about the other 80's I have tried, which (except for the salt) were very similar to this one...

Notes:

• Salty
  • Very, very mild
  • Chunked

Score:

50/100 (Ok, I had to give it some points for the poor girl who rolled it)

Yikes....that sounds awful. Life's too short to struggle through a shitty cigar, no matter the price/rarity. Glad you chucked it.

Ouch - !! Always a drag when a smoke with high expectations just doesn't deliver. Great review, Bill....thanks for the photos and the write up...!!

In 1935, Alonso Menéndez created the Montecristo brand, meaning that 2015 marked its 80th anniversary—and of course, warrants an anniversary cigar... And.. of course they are late to the party again.

... or some old fat guy, but... since there is no way to really know, it's very important to create the mental image that helps you to enjoy the cigar as much as possible... I am picturing this beautiful young maiden, with glistening thighs...

Thanks for the review, too bad, was hoping they would be good. Oh, and I am a fat old guy should I be offended?

Nice review. I have high expectation for that one as well. But I think they're short on delivering its promise.

Yea, not that much smoke. I like the mild part very much. But I also like smoke. May still try one. Thanks for the review.