• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Afrique

lobestar

I was looking at the JR website and these look pretty tempting. I was wondering if anyone has tried these.

I thought that it was interesting how the smaller ring gauges were described as being stronger than the larger ones.

I like to hear any opinions you guys have an these. ;)

I ahd a smaller ringed one that was gifted to me. An absolute perfect burn and fricking tasted great! If all my extra money wasn't tied up right now I would buy nothing but these.

Emo

I picked them up, the Uhuru...pretty much on a lark. I was kinda surprised...definitely a very nice smoke. Light duty....great afternoon smoke.

Got the Kilimanjaro in a recent pass. Will smoke soon and let ya know.

I though JR was all out of them at the moment? ...

Very nice morning cigar.

But I have one question. How many damn versions of Montecristos is Altadis going to be making eventually? Can't they think up a new brand name? ???

Afrique, Reg. line, Platinum, the Millenium run, the new one White, ...

a few more.

why come up with new names when you can use the same one and add a different ending? :D

I've been trying to try some of these for a while now. Anyone know who's got the Uhuru's in stock? (JR is indeed out of these)

lucasbuck said:
I've been trying to try some of these for a while now. Anyone know who's got the Uhuru's in stock? (JR is indeed out of these)
From what I understand the Afrique is being made exclusively for JR.

Well I haven't tried a Afrique mooch attempt I wonder if anybody would send me one to try. ??? HMMMM. :p

I've heard some good things about them.

I thought I would start the eveniong off with one....I think it is either a Machame or an Uhura...

I'll give you my thoughts later!

Kurt

I bought 2 last Sunday night at JR's. I smoke one of them Friday. It started off wonderful. The pre-light taste was exactly like the walnut sauce you put on sundaes. After abought the first inch, I started getting this burning, scratching, itching sensation in the back of my throat. Kinda like heartburn. I can't really describe it. I wasn't inhaling. After about half of it, I threw it out. :( I am interested in seeing if the other one does the same thing.

Shadow said:
lucasbuck said:
From what I understand the Afrique is being made exclusively for JR.
Spoke too soon. Just finished looking through the latest Holt catalog and they are carrying the Afrique now.

So much for my source on the info! ???

Saw these in the catalouges myself and they look delicous and after some of the reviews here, will definately try one - especially as a morning cigar ;)

Sam

Any chance these taste anything like the Cuba Aliados or the La Luna African Fuerte?

You know I would really really like to try one of these... if anyone happens to send anything my way in the near future and if they happen to have an extra one...

Yes, this was my version of a shameless mooch atempt. I've yet to have one succeed though :(

Sam