• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo no.2

Nubcake

It's often publicized in articles/posts that I read that the montecristo no.2's are very inconsistent and with good reason. My love hate relationship stems from the fact that when they're on, they are simply the best smokes one can experience with bursts of vanilla like flavors of refined smoke swirling in ones mouth and when they're not, they taste like flavorless tobacco. As of late I've been experiencing the latter. Now, with 3 million of these cigars rolled annually (in various factories) do the box codes indicate the location of the factory where the cigars were rolled? and are certain factories (such as the H.upmann factory) consistently producing better cigars? or is this based on speculation? Assuming that the more experienced workers work at a particular factory (let us assume the H. Upmann factory) only guarantee's that the cigar will smoke well with no guarantee's that the cigar will actually taste good, or do the better rollers roll higher quality tobacco leaves that comprise of the no.2 then its less experienced peers?

The reason I ask, is I visit Cuba semi-annually and I often take my girlfriend and my parents/family along. I plan on going early Feb and I'm wondering if I am better off just purchasing the boxes at the store (if its a crapshoot) or by visiting the actual factories thereby increasing my odds for a good box?

Eugene

Honestly Nubcake... find another.
I have had a long time love/hate relationship with Monte 2's... after so many "too tightly rolled/plugged" sticks, I have finally moved on. Maybe its me. Hell, I don't know, but it ain't the taste that dissapoints, it's the construction. I am now down to my last few and got another slap in the face last week when I found two more that were too tightly rolled. My luck is very bad considering the sampling from three different boxes over three different years.
I have moved on to H.Upmann and Diplomaticos. They have never dissapointed me.

C&G... jilted & bitter.

I know this post is old but am glad I found it. The 2 x 10 boxes of M2's I recd. a couple weeks ago have some of the ugliest sticks I have ever seen. Was wondering if I got hosed but from what I have read its just the way they are or can be......depending on the box you get.