• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo No. 5

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
Montecristo No. 5
Perla, 4 x 40
VCR OCT02

Curiosity got the better of me tonight. I broke out the other half of IGBC installment #1 - the Monte No. 5. These are some of the prettiest cigars I've ever seen. This cigar is a box pressed Perla with a chocolate brown capa of uniform color unblemished by any veins that I could find. It felt firm but springy all over and the cut was laser clean. Upon lighting it was harsh at first - an overzealous light on my part most likely. I gave it a moment to settle down and it rewarded me with the familiar Monte flavors: creamy and tangy at the same time. I think I picked up a cashew undertone from time to time and also a flavor that reminded me of sherry, or perhaps single malt that has been aged in sherry casks. A word of warning for those who have never tried one of these...like a lot of small cigars it gets harsh if smoked too quickly. And it's so delicious the tendency is to do just that. The volume of smoke was astonishing for such a little fella and it was medium-to-full bodied with a long finish. I'm planning to let the rest of them sleep...if I can.

Slacking on your reviews FT? What happened to the half pager! :p I just lit up a #4 and was ready to kick back and Read But nonetheless, great as usual!

Small cigar...deserves a short review. :D Actually, I'm still smoking it. I may add an addendum later but I don't think so. Not sure what else I'd say about it. Gave me a nice buzz...... :sneaky:

Nice review, I need to remind myself not to read any more of these. Just gets me upset that I missed out. :sign: ???

Nice review FT. I had one of these with a cup of coffee on Saturday morning. Nice morning cigar with a lot of potency to wake you up. I also got some vanilla hints as well, though this could of been in combination with the coffee (which was just regular coffee with cream and sugar).

Sam

I just tried on of the Monte's that we got for IGBC, I was outside grilling some chicken "beer can chicken" and decided to sit down and smoke it while the grill was going, WOW was I impressed, great flavor and nice draw. This is a must have for any humidor. :thumbs: