• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Nooobee help!

MRCCAT

Just started having this problem. I am in the middle of smoking a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003, and man it tastes bland. No body or flavor..My hygrometer reads 64-65% at the bottom and around 62-63% at the top. There are two sections. I keep my cigars in the bottom section and have two 69% Boveda packets to humidify the humidor. What's my problem here? I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

The obvious would be to salt test your hygrometer and verify the actual humidity. You know sometimes you can get a flat stick, it does happen.

Read all the humidor set up threads and get some beads. Heartfelt and Cigarmony are two of the best, when it comes to beads, and hygrometer test kits.

By the way, did your cigar have a hard time staying lit? If so your cigars was over humidified.

Smoking the stick right now and it feels like a firm sponge and has no taste. Would this be a dead giveaway that my cigars are too moist? I am definitely going to get some beads now.

The cigar is staying lit, no problems going out at all. Is there a possibility that the humidor isn;t seasoned? I have no clue here...

Like I said go through the pinned threads at the top of this the humidor forum. All that you seek is there, but the two impotant things are beads and an accurate hygrometer.

One last thing is also needed in this hobby is patience :D

okay, so salt testing one of the hygros as we speak. Just fired up a Ghurka shaggy and I am getting similar results, although this one seems to taste the same. Stale and bland. Also feels a bit dry. I am now thinking I don't have enough humidity, although I hadn't noticed this receintly....Should I put my sticks in a tupperware / cigar caddy?

What's the history of your sticks? Sounds to me like they were not stored correctly at some stage and have lost their oils completely.
Three weeks of incorrect storage will do it.

Brian