• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More US/Cuban News

All those weak-kneed liberals
Now are all liberals weak-kneed? ;) :sign: :laugh:

They I look at it (and I could be wrong), even if the embargo was lifted wouldn't the prices of Habanos in US be outrageous? I imagine (even with a economic crisis) that there would be a small boom of Cuban cigar sales. Just a thought though.

They I look at it (and I could be wrong), even if the embargo was lifted wouldn't the prices of Habanos in US be outrageous? I imagine (even with a economic crisis) that there would be a small boom of Cuban cigar sales. Just a thought though.
Forget what they would cost once they get here...by the time the lawyers sort out the US licensing rites for each brand, that alone could take 2-3 years.

This first step is the way it should be, let Cuban/Americans go back to Cuba to visit their families without the fear of Government intervention.

Keep the Embargo in place as long as the Castro family is in control. The way they treat their own people is criminal. If the Castros invested the country's money in it's own citizens instead of their Army, they would be much better off than they are now!

Here's something to think about. People across the World dislike the United States, quite a few European governments dislike our Politics, our so called arrogance and decadent way of life. These same countries allow their citizens to travel there and spend money....and these countries are free to trade with Cuba so they can acquire anything they need. Why isn't that enough? Why aren't there any Peugeots from France driving around Cuba? How about a few Vauxhalls from England? Volkswagens from Germany?...why is it that Cuba can't prosper with all of them and not us?

Why does Castro blame the US trade embargo for them not moving into the 20th century? Why is it OUR fault (for enforcing this embargo) that they have a failing economy? America still supplies over 5% of Cuba's imported goods...or is it our FREE MONEY they want in the way of Governmental Loans? We will not support a murdering Dictator with funds to continue his rein of terror over his own people. Let's hope Obama keeps it this way.

Simple really.

Oust the Castros...install a government of the people....and we'll end the embargo.

"Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear."

Good words to live by, I suggest everyone get a first hand look at what is going on in Cuba first. Everyone in Cuba states that their is no food and everything is lost, but when you get over there, US products are all over the place. Most politicians in Miami and the US want change for the island nation for their own economic gains. Cuba is not that bad off, could Cuba be in a better position? Maybe. Could other nations be in better positions globally as a whole? Probably. Who are we to tell another nation how to live, remember Vietnam, Iraq, some nations need to be governed a certain way and the citizens of that particular nation are in unison.

Visit Cuba, not the tourist destinations like La Habana, Varadero, Trinidad, Santiago or Isla De Juventud, visit the small city's in and around Cuba, get a first hand view of how people live in Cuba, walk around what is considered "rush hour" in the US, the morning rush especially, get a notion of prices for public services, water, electricity, transportation.

jca...you need to visit "el hueco" below the Marianao bridge. Let me know if you "beleive" half of what you see then. The only thing you'll "hear" is you crying for your mama. John

Not every place is perfect, you take the good with the bad. Look in our own country, Liberty City, Carol City, all in Miami, Florida. How about Flint Michigan or other cities living well below the poverty line.

Oh and by the way, we can stop with the childish name calling because on the internet anyone can be Mr. Tough Guy, if your opinion is different from mine than so be it, it's called freedom of speech, if you don't like, go live in Cuba.

I'm done with this conversation, whenever politics or religion come into discussion, most people can't get their opinion acroos without offending others.

You're not weak-kneed there big fella. :D ;) You MY kinda guy! :love: :laugh:

Oust the Castros...install a government of the people....and we'll end the embargo.

I didn't read the rest of your post there but this last sentence says it all. :thumbs: