• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

more Vinotemp Q's

SamuraiJack

Probably overreacting to my new 28 bottle cooler's behaviour:

1. should it have a constant hum/whirr? This is much softer than when it kicks in, but there is a constant sound or a fan or something.

2. i set it to 66, and it reads 67 pretty constantly. i don't think its kicking on excessively, its just like the LED display is +1.

thanks

The soft whirring is perfectly normal. It's letting us know our babies are being well taken care of.
Enjoy and Happy filling! :thumbs:

I actually just threw my old humi in it. It fits perfectly (Tampa Chelsea). If I need more space I'll probably just add another Chelsea.

I will keep wine in there too, which will hopefully help hold the temp steady.

Are there any issues keeping an actual humi in the Vinotemp. Do you keep it closed or cracked open?

I've had the opposite of low RH issues in my Vinotemp. If anything I'd like to get the RH lower than it is, for some reason it is naturally holding a 65-69% RH when I have the thermostat set to 65 degrees.

I don't know if I'm just getting lucky, or if it's only because of the ambient situation in the room in my house it's in, but I'm not gonna complain! I almost wonder if there's something wrong with it, most people say it should be in the 40% or so range with no beads in it. I did throw a pound or so of 65% beads in there mostly dry, just to help regulate any swings. I'm thinking as I get into the fall and winter maybe the RH will start to drop.

So to answer your question as long as you have a good humidifying device, like beads or an oasis or something it holds RH and temps very well.

Yea, closed. Although it looks like I will have to remove some humidification. Normally it would take 2 69% rH Boveda packs to keep it around 65%. Now it hangs around 69% in the Vino.

I'll try to get some pics up.

that makes some sense. The lower the temperature, the less moisture needs to be in the air to have the same RH.

I just closed up my humi and it fits perfectly into my wineodor.

perfect solution