• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mother Nature

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
Just recently a wild cougar was killed on the streets of north Chicago, you have to be here to imagine the reaction, this was just across the street from a grammer school. The second guessing from the media was pretty sad, they questioned the reasoning for killing the big cat. I'm sure there would have been no second guessing if a child had been attacked by the cougar. Now just recently it's has been announced that a den of coyotes has settled in on the north side also. From what i hear the predators are coming from the Dakotas by following railroad tracks, and i guess the animals are so plentiful that the younger ones are being pushed out to be on their own and are finding good hunting around here. People around me feed the deer in the forest preserves, you should see the the herds around here, if i was a predator, this is the place to be. :0

That is a scary situation, but as we destroy animal habitats they have to come to town for survivial. Notice the gators in florida suburbs and leopards in India.

editted because i can't figure out how to make functional links

Mountain Lions, aka cougars, catamounts, are endangered. That animal should have been trapped and relocated. Sad.

Doc

It was predator that was capable of killing a human. It was miles and miles away from its natural habitat. There was no way that in Chicago, somebody wouldn't have spooked it by accident and incited a mauling. This may not have been the best solution, but at the time, it was the only one I think. just my opinion

A few years back, a coyote wound up in one of the elevators in the Columbia Tower in downtown Seattle. Shortly after that, one wound up boarding a light rail car in Portland. They are resourceful creatures. Just another reason not to have small pets (sorry BBS)

My parents get deer, coyotes, and all other sorts in Lake Barrington. But hey, I've seen crazier stuff than all that. I mean, after all, Chicago isn't an island and on Manhattan I've seen wild turkeys in Battery Park. How do they get there, they can't fly, and certainly didn't walk the tunnels or bridges. It's crazy!!!

My parents get deer, coyotes, and all other sorts in Lake Barrington. But hey, I've seen crazier stuff than all that. I mean, after all, Chicago isn't an island and on Manhattan I've seen wild turkeys in Battery Park. How do they get there, they can't fly, and certainly didn't walk the tunnels or bridges. It's crazy!!!
Wild turkey do indeed fly. How do you think they get up in trees to roost at night. Climb?

Doc.

Wild turkeys fly very well and they spend the night roosting in trees so they are safe from predators. It is quite a shock to be walking in the woods and have one burst into flight over your head!! Just thought you'd like to know.

SORRY DOC! I didn't see your corrective post before I made this redundant one. :blush:

Wild turkey do indeed fly. How do you think they get up in trees to roost at night. Climb?

Doc.

Get out of town, really. That helps then explain that. Wonder if they came through ellis island to get to battery park?

Yea, really. I damn near hit one flying across the interstate the other day.

Doc.