• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Movie worth viewing

StinkiMonki

Cimb in the back with your head in the clouds and
I watched The Counterfeiters last night and was really moved by the screen play.

It is set during WWII and involves imprisoned skilled labor Jews assembled from different concentration camps. They are given "nice" accomodations compared to the other Jewish prisoners and in return are expected to counterfeit documents, British pounds, and the American dollar. The story centers more on the prisoners rather then their German captors, but the latter plays a strong role in moving the story along by constantly reminding the viewer that the Jews were thought of on a level similar to dirty animals and treated accordingly.

The most interesting conflicts rise between the prisoners who are forced by their captors to produce results or die. There is one communist character that clashes with the other prisoners and the main character, a criminal. I found myself rooting against the communist only to change my opinion at the end; the communist had been the hero all along.

I can't say much more without giving the twists and turns away. Better to watch it for yourself and enjoy the journey.

If any of you see the movie, let me know your thoughts.

FYI, it's subtitled.

Geoff

Edit: Spelling. Hehe

I watched The Counterfeiters a couple of weeks ago on the recommendation of a friend and was not disappointed. I didn't mind the subtitles as the language added to the characters authenticity. My hat's off to anyone who survived those camps (or had to test shoes). A very good movie.

Jim

I remember seeing a commercial for this movie and it looked good!

Thanks for posting this because I had forgotten all about it. I'll make sure to try and watch it sometime soon. :thumbs: