• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Movin' time

Seanholio

Don Quixote
Looks like it's moving time:

On February 21, my girlfriend comes home and knocks on the door into the house from the garage, asking if I can come out and help her with something. I come out into the garage, and there's a dog squirming in there, wagging his tail so hard that it's bleeding. After spending a week looking for his owners, we decided to keep him. Unfortunately, our landlords are very controlling, live next door, and don't like dogs. We let the landlords know we were looking for a home for the dog, and neglected to tell them that it would also be our home.

Weeks of scouring Craigslist and Zillow found us with three candidates that we liked, and one of them decided that we'd be OK to have as tenants. We signed the paperwork last week, and we'll be moving in sometime after the 15th. The house is smaller than what we have now, with less land, but we won't have the landlords walking by the house on their way to the mailbox every day. There's a park nearby for the kids to play in, and the neighborhood traffic is slow and light. I can't wait to light that "We're done moving" cigar.

Kimo is an American Bulldog mixed with Pit Bull, and has a sweet, loving personality. Unfortunately, he's also assertive and trying to be the Alpha Dog, which we just can't have. My girlfriend is spending a lot of time with him during the day, training him to behave properly, and we're also going to get a trainer to work with us directly.

If you've never had a dog's tail bleed, be glad. Kimo's tail is like a whip, and he wags it near Mach 1. Not only does it hurt when it hits, but the blood flew everywhere, and our garage looked like a movie set for a murder scene. His tail is healing up nicely, and he is otherwise very healthy. We can tell he was not abused, but may have been neglected.

Congrats on getting a new place. It sounds like your new place will be a better fit for you and your family/

Beautiful pup. I have wanted an English Bulldog for a long time. I almost picked up an English/Pit mix about 4 months ago.

Wow. Quite the life upheaval for a stray. Good luck, my friend! Not many folks would go to this level.

Trey

Bulldog Pit Bull mix who wants to be the Alpha Dog? :laugh:

Best wishes on the move.

If you've never had a dog's tail bleed, be glad. Kimo's tail is like a whip, and he wags it near Mach 1. Not only does it hurt when it hits, but the blood flew everywhere, and our garage looked like a movie set for a murder scene. His tail is healing up nicely, and he is otherwise very healthy. We can tell he was not abused, but may have been neglected.

I like your use of the internet forum arena as a place to set up your 'bleeding dog's tail created a blood soaked mess' defense for your upcoming murder trial! Good luck on the move.

Congrats on getting a new place. It sounds like your new place will be a better fit for you and your family/

Yeah, we really like the new location. At our old place, we didn't even get a cell signal.

Bulldog Pit Bull mix who wants to be the Alpha Dog? :laugh:

Best wishes on the move.

He's a weirdo, sometimes. He really wants to obey and be good when we've re-established who the boss is, but then he's a jerk when he forgets. Pulling on the leash, trying to walk in front of me, disobeying commands that he knows.

Wow. Quite the life upheaval for a stray. Good luck, my friend! Not many folks would go to this level.
Good luck with the move bro!
That dog must be special for you to move for it.

He is a special dog. Sometimes he's a short-bus special dog, and other times he's just a great dog. I grew up with dogs, and not having one for the past couple of years has really bothered me.

The house and the landlords weren't really working out for us anymore. The house was in the sticks, and while it was nice to see deer, turkeys, and all kinds of other wildlife off the back porch, we also had to get wireless internet, there was no cell signal, and the phone lines were constantly noisy. We wanted to have a dog; the landlords want someone who is closer to their age and mindset.

In short, it was time to go.

I like your use of the internet forum arena as a place to set up your 'bleeding dog's tail created a blood soaked mess' defense for your upcoming murder trial! Good luck on the move.

Stu: I thought our conversations were privileged.

Congrats on the new pup and the move! I love dogs as well and can totally sympathize with this story. Good luck in your new place!

4 yrs ago my roomate and I each got a pit mix from a rescue foundation.. Long story short his male dog had the same problem with the tail. After months of trying to stop it and a infection, the doctor said the tail needed to be removed.. Luckily my dog has not had that issue. Playing around though one day, she hit me in the head with her tail, not fun.. It felt like I was with a strong jab.