• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving to Houston

If you're worried about crime, then find a place next to Kenny (Allofus123). The criminals know he has guns so they steer clear of him. :laugh:

I'll come down in the summer and we'll hit an Astros game at Minute Maid Park! :thumbs:

That's just WRONG. The Astros play the Dome. Somebody should put it back up.

If you're worried about crime, then find a place next to Kenny (Allofus123). The criminals know he has guns so they steer clear of him. :laugh:

I'll come down in the summer and we'll hit an Astros game at Minute Maid Park! :thumbs:

That's just WRONG. The Astros play the Dome. Somebody should put it back up.

It's still there they just don't use it and have no idea what to do with it.

I think Houston is a great city, but the traffic can be a real pain. If your wife will be working in the downtown area I would suggest looking for an apartment in the Museum district which is just a few miles away from there. There are some great apartment complexes and high rises in that area, plus there is a pretty good B&M called the Briar Shoppe that is close by. They (apartments) will be more expensive compared to places in the outlying areas, but you will save a lot on gas and your commute time won't be an hour long. When you come down in March you can also talk to an Apartment Locator. Their services are free and they'll help you find a place based on your needs and your budget. Good luck!

I wouldn't call the Briar Shoppe a much of a B&M. Even though they do get 3 or 4 boxes of Opus. When I look at a B&M I like to be able to but it, and then smoke it. The Briar Shoppe doesn't have a lounge or anything and the one time i went in there I was fairly disappointed and haven't gone back.

I go to the Briar shop all the time (I live right down the street) and they are wonderful!! I do have to say that if you don't go in there alot and then when the Opus or Anejo pop up then they will only sell you 3, but get to know the ladies they are great!! And who cares if they don't have a huge lounge, you are in Rice Village. There are tons of places to go enjoy your cigar!!

They do have some where to smoke, it's just not a lounge with a Tv!

I don't know what your budget is, but if you have to buy a smoke and smoke it at the place where you bought it, then you should go to the Downing Street Pub!!

Just saw this thread. Welcome to Houston when you arrive!

I'm currently living in an apartment very close to downtown called The Macgregor. It's right on the outskirts of the Med Center and right next to 288 so its a straight shot into downtown. It's been extremely safe and great for my wife and I. I'd suggest anywhere nice in the Med Center for apartment hunting. The Camden on Buffalo Spdwy is also very nice.

If you don't mind a 15-20 minute drive, go down 288 S a little and you'll see a lot of great apartments. Pearland is also a great place overall, just trafficky.

B&Ms, I frequent the Briar Shoppe also, and totally agree with getting to know the ladies. When they got their last Opus, I walked in and the ladies told me, "Well, normally we limit it to 2 per person, but..go ahead, get as many as you want." No lounge, but Brian O'Neils is right next door and smoking on their patio is fun, relaxing and great for eye candy. Robustos is supposed to be a great lounge, but it's out in Katy. I'm not a fan of buying from Downing Street, but it is a pretty decent place to go smoke. The crowd there is not really to my liking on most days. Another smaller place is Cigar Vault in Uptown park. The selection is so so, but I enjoy hanging out there with a friend. The Specs here (big liquor warehouse) in downtown also has a decently well stocked humidor with some really good prices: Padron 80th for $28.50 if you're paying cash or debit, $30 credit. You'll love the cigar tax here in TX :laugh:

If you want to ask any questions, shoot me a PM anytime.

B&Ms, I frequent the Briar Shoppe also, and totally agree with getting to know the ladies. When they got their last Opus, I walked in and the ladies told me, "Well, normally we limit it to 2 per person, but..go ahead, get as many as you want." No lounge, but Brian O'Neils is right next door and smoking on their patio is fun, relaxing and great for eye candy. Robustos is supposed to be a great lounge, but it's out in Katy. I'm not a fan of buying from Downing Street, but it is a pretty decent place to go smoke. The crowd there is not really to my liking on most days. Another smaller place is Cigar Vault in Uptown park. The selection is so so, but I enjoy hanging out there with a friend. The Specs here (big liquor warehouse) in downtown also has a decently well stocked humidor with some really good prices: Padron 80th for $28.50 if you're paying cash or debit, $30 credit. You'll love the cigar tax here in TX :laugh:

Hey, are you the reason they only had 2 'Sharks' left on their last Anejo shipment? :angry: I guess I'll just have to get there faster next time I get their e-mail. :D

I also echo your sentiments on Spec's Warehouse on Smith St. That is an incredible store and not just for cigars, either. Some of their satellite locations are good, but none compare to the main one downtown.

Hey, are you the reason they only had 2 'Sharks' left on their last Anejo shipment? :angry: I guess I'll just have to get there faster next time I get their e-mail. :D

I also echo your sentiments on Spec's Warehouse on Smith St. That is an incredible store and not just for cigars, either. Some of their satellite locations are good, but none compare to the main one downtown.

LOL, it wasn't me! Promise. I make it a point not to buy a ton of anything, especially the insanely rare stuff. I know how it feels to come in the 2nd day and have everything gone :( I only bought 2 sharks as well, and they had a whole box when I went in! Oh, and if you go the evening they get in...closer to when they close and know Jenny...you'll make out well :cool: