• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mozilla Firebird

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
OK, totally off the topic of cigars, but it sure is fun to see the little "thumbs up" smiley waving his little arms. Never saw that before with IE. :thumbs:

Also a much smaller footprint on the hard drive. Now to try out the email program, Thunderbird. :)

Thunderbird is an excellent browser. That's what I'm using. As far as the thumbs, they are also animated in IE.

Main reason I use Firebird is for the tabbed browsing.. :thumbs:

I use Opera a lot of the time. It has the tabbed browsing feature as well

Rod said:
Thunderbird is an excellent browser. That's what I'm using. As far as the thumbs, they are also animated in IE.

I use a browser called Crazy Browser that is basically a tabbed interface for IE. Your favorites from IE are already in there. PRetty cool.

Rod said:

Is Firebird just their normal browser? I use Mozilla too but I don't remember which version. I downloaded their other utilities too... gonna give that email program a try. Outlook has pissed me off for the last time. :angry:

Fast4Dr said:
I use Opera a lot of the time. It has the tabbed browsing feature as well
I use Safari -- same tabbed browsing, it's quite nice. I've used Firebird on and off too -- it's okay, but a bit unfinished...

I used Opera for a while too. It didn't play well with some other programs. :(

Maybe the new version is better? Oh well, at some point ya gotta stop experimenting. With only a dial up, the family gets a little annoyed when I've got a multi-meg download tying up the phone lines. Is the full Opera free or are they still charging for it?

Tried Thunderbird briefly. Decided that I'm still a fan of Eudora, since I've got it all set up with filters, etc.

Firefox just replaced Firebird. Upgrade when you get a chance...

Rod said:
Firefox just replaced Firebird. Upgrade when you get a chance...
Supposedly Firefox 0.8 was on the CD I got, but it was titled (after install) as Firebird 0.7+.

Seems to be a little more security conscious, don't see many other differences. Guess I'll wait for the next CD and see what it's got. At 6.2 MB, I don't have the patience anymore for that big a DL. ???