• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MrJerry popped my cherry

BrownDevil

BOTL
Alrighty, so my 13 year old daughter is graduating from Jr. High this month, and a ton of family will be visiting. I wanted to have a decent cup of coffee for my pops for his visit, so I thought about MrJerry.

Since I've never had a cup of coffee before, I had no idea what to order, how to grind coffee, brew it, etc. I pmed our Coffee Doctor for some advice and he asked me to give him a call on his secret # :love:

So we rapped for a few minutes and he schooled me a bit and offered some suggestions.

Today I received a nice sized package with 3 different bags of beans. I did as I was told and went and bought a cheap $10 grinder and followed the instructions on the bag. Brewed it up and gave it a shot.

WOW!! I tried the Mexican Mayhem. Can't really give a great review since I've a coffee newb, but it was great tasting, and my second cup went well with a LFD Double Lingero Chiselito Maduro.

Alrighty...still wondering if my new experience was a fluke, I brewed up a cup of one of the store bought brands I usually have on hand for clients/visitors.
YUCK!!

Thanks MrJerry...you have another customer :thumbs:

Robert

Next step is to get rid of that $10 "herb" grinder and get yourself a real one :D

My employees joke that if they ever cut me open all they will find will be cigars and coffee -

Enjoy it all.

Ron

Mr. Jerry does have some of the best coffee if I don't say so myself......... :D :thumbs: :cool:

If you can call store bought coffee, its actually a real stretch. Sure it produces a dark liquid that has caffeine in it. Kinda smells like it could be coffee, but it sure isnt. :laugh: Every country I goto, one of the first things I do is find the best coffee source they have and give it a try. I've even gone to the extreme lengths while visiting Honduras and arranged a special tour so that I could enjoy a fresh cup of espresso in a country side village. :thumbs:

So is it a fluke you had a good cup of coffee? Nope...Long as it isnt bought in the store. :laugh:

If you can call store bought coffee, its actually a real stretch. Sure it produces a dark liquid that has caffeine in it. Kinda smells like it could be coffee, but it sure isnt. :laugh: Every country I goto, one of the first things I do is find the best coffee source they have and give it a try. I've even gone to the extreme lengths while visiting Honduras and arranged a special tour so that I could enjoy a fresh cup of espresso in a country side village. :thumbs:

So is it a fluke you had a good cup of coffee? Nope...Long as it isnt bought in the store. :laugh:

LOL, well for sure I'm a believer. Tossed than store bought red can out :cool:

How could you never have had coffee before? At least you started with the good stuff.

Every thing else pales to fresh brewed, home ground real coffee!
I'll have to speak with this "MrJerry"! :D

thanks,
Gary

How could you never have had coffee before? At least you started with the good stuff.

Just never found it appealing I guess :blush:
Then again, never even tried a cigarette before either :D

Every thing else pales to fresh brewed, home ground real coffee!
I'll have to speak with this "MrJerry"! :D

thanks,
Gary

Do it. If you have never had Killer Beans, you will be pleased. I am a bit of a snob in most of my endeavors (I know, I know, everyone here is so shocked by this), and used to drink a decent amount of stupidly pricey coffee. After speaking to Mr. jerry, finding out that even the way I was storing it was killing it, and then tasting his coffee, I will never go back. By the way, Mr. Jerry, that Brazilian Bombshell has been taking really good care of me.

I enjoy good coffees as well. It was a real eye-opener(not in the caffiene sense) once tasted fresh ground coffee. Since then I go around to the small coffee houses and buy the been versions. This past March I had the opportunity to taste it before it even got packaged at a Tres Generaciones plantation in Costa Rica. That was some good stuff. Who is this Mr. Jerry? Does he have an online site? I still have some questions and looking for interesting coffees.

I enjoy good coffees as well. It was a real eye-opener(not in the caffiene sense) once tasted fresh ground coffee. Since then I go around to the small coffee houses and buy the been versions. This past March I had the opportunity to taste it before it even got packaged at a Tres Generaciones plantation in Costa Rica. That was some good stuff. Who is this Mr. Jerry? Does he have an online site? I still have some questions and looking for interesting coffees.

MrJerry is a member here on CP. He posts coffee specials in the HOT Cigar Deals section on a regular basis. His website is www.killerbeans.com.

Mr. Jerry does have some of the best coffee if I don't say so myself......... :D :thumbs: :cool:

OK..so I've never heard a bad thing about Killer Beans or MJ, but I am a Starbucks grind at home addict. I currently am supporting a 20 shot/week habit. Yes, my name is Jeremy..and I am an espresso-a-holic. I've tried meetings..the patch..nothing helps. I've decided I just don't 'want' to quit. So there! :D

Can anyone compare Bux and Killers beans for me?

Hey Robert - Never had coffee, I am floored!
Have you tried sex - you know, cigars, coffee, sex :laugh: :laugh:

Brian

Hey Robert - Never had coffee, I am floored!
Have you tried sex - you know, cigars, coffee, sex :laugh: :laugh:

Brian

He does have a daughter, so he's had sex at least once :laugh:

Glad to see you expanding your palate and taste buds BD.

.....like?

My grinder says "Braun" on it....am I missing something?

Thanks - B.B.S.
If your not using a bur grinder and using a blade grinder - odds are the coffee is getting "burnt" from the friction created by the blades. Hence - taking "flavor" away from the beans before you ever brew them. A bur brinder is minimal and produces less heat when grinding, leaving more flavor in the pot. :cool:

edit - still trying to figure out how to quote

it's all down hill from here robert. you'll get addicted to caffine now, and get those wonderfull headaches if you don't have a cup in the morning. welcome to the nicotine / caffine world. i still can't believe you never had java b4...what did you drink in the morning, cola? anyhow, enjoy!