• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MS Windows

Wolfie

Alien
Over the next weekend I'll be converting a couple of my older test machines to Linux, specifically to run more honeypots. Those Windows licenses are up for grabs if anybody legitimately needs them. Please be active and contributing member.

Vista Home Premium, retail package. It is the upgrade, although if you choose to do a fresh install with it, that's clearly none of my business.

XP Pro, disk and license only.

Call it here and PM your address.

Tell the truth...you're upgrading to Windows 7 because Vista was a mistake!

Truth be told, XP performance has just barely surpassed Vista and W7 both for most of what I do. But...I'm also pretty vain, so if I had a choice, I'd choose Vista (or E17 if we're not keeping to MS software). W7 just has this bland look and feel to it. I have spare CPU cycles. I want flashy eye candy...And I mean to have it!

Could use the XP disk for a project for a nonprofit if you still have it. Let me know.

Got it today buddy, perfect like all your packages. Thanks Wolfie, what a top notch guy!!! :thumbs:

I'm disappointed in MS, Win7 is nothing but an elaborate service pack to Vista. I just ordered a MacBook Pro (got a great deal on it). Been doing a lot of work with Macs this year, so the transition won't be so hard. :)

Glad you can get some good use out of it. Gunpowder, I may have another XP license and disk free in a week or so. I'll drop you a line when I do to see if you're still in need. Otherwise, depending on what they do, many nonprofits can get free software for the price of filling out a form. It's not fast turnaround but MS routinely gives away software packages to non profits.

Truth be told, XP performance has just barely surpassed Vista and W7 both for most of what I do. But...I'm also pretty vain, so if I had a choice, I'd choose Vista (or E17 if we're not keeping to MS software). W7 just has this bland look and feel to it. I have spare CPU cycles. I want flashy eye candy...And I mean to have it!

If you want flashy eye candy, linux was the correct choice! Compiz is awesome! My computer is beefy enough that I can run Win 7 in a virtual machine in case I ever need something that won't run under linux.

I'm disappointed in MS, Win7 is nothing but an elaborate service pack to Vista. I just ordered a MacBook Pro (got a great deal on it). Been doing a lot of work with Macs this year, so the transition won't be so hard. :)

If you're like me you have a ton of windows software, might want to check out this article.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/reviews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212100002&pgno=1&queryText=&isPrev=

I've been giving serious thought to making the jump to Mac.

I think the choice is easier if you never made the jump to Vista. In my opinion, windows 7 is much better than Vista simply because it's more polished and seems to be less of a resource hog. However, if you purchased vista or bought a new PC with it preinstalled, then I can see how one would think they got screwed on the deal.