• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MSRP

Snowdust

SnowNYet
Just wondering if anybody is able to find high end singles near MSRP. Priced AF Don Carlos, Hemmingways, Pad 1926/64, and VSG's tonight at two of my local shops and the markup was unreal. Guess that is why everyone jumps on the splits around here when they come up.

YES!!

Probably the worst thing you can do is buy them from you local shop. Of course there is something to be said for supporting your local shop as well but generally the mark up is quite high, especially with the Fuente stuff :(

Pay MSRP plus the 7% tobacco tax in WV.

I pay msrp. on VSGs,Opus, and all AFs.
But its not at my local shop.

And Joey M. pulls another rabbit out of his hat amazing ;)

BenjieV :D

Snowdust said:
Just wondering if anybody is able to find high end singles near MSRP. Priced AF Don Carlos, Hemmingways, Pad 1926/64, and VSG's tonight at two of my local shops and the markup was unreal. Guess that is why everyone jumps on the splits around here when they come up.
Over priced like this, ya mean?

::shiver:: $750 for a box of Padron 1926 #9's is insane. That's over $31 per cigar. I got lucky, and got a box of the same Padrón 1926 #9's for $480. Still a lot of money, but at least it is not getting completely raped.

$750 for a box of cigars is not a fair price unless the hot young girl who rolled 'em comes with them.

After quite a bit of searching, I finally found someone who actually had some Padrón 1926's in stock, and sells them by the box. Surprise, surprise, the price is actually reasonable, too: a box of 24 Padrón 1926 Maduro #1's (54x6 3/4) goes for $500:

http://www22.ivenue.com/cigarexchange/productCat52659_1.ctlg

I imagine they don't have too many of these...

Usually pay MSRP - sometimes even a little less. I do try and support one of my local shops which in the long run can help you out as well - finding that hard to find cigar or box for example at times, or even free cigars on the rare occassion. For christmas I gave my local tobacconist a couple Montecristo #2 ISOM. Went in last night to pick up some stuff for martini's and when he noticed I put back the expensive contempary martini glasses for the cheapies, he stuck 2 of them in my bag anyway (this particular cigar shop is also a liquor store). Just be careful not to pay too much over MSRP at the local shops if they mark up. I have also found that even in shops that do mark-up, they usually have a few brands that are at MSRP or less.

Sam

Thanks for the info. I will start shopping around a little more. Seems that the real price gouging there is only on the hard to get stuff. As far as him taking care of me, when I asked about Opus X, he avoided the question like a politician. Bottom line is he holds them for his members who rent a locker from him. He did finally offer to bring one in from his home for me at $30. PASS.....

I used to think they were on the high side, but now I'm becoming more of a fan of my "local" Indian Cigar Shoppe. Definately no more than MSRP on most things and NO tax!