• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Multiple Fermentations

jabba

Which cigars use tobaccco leaves that have gone through more than one fermentation?

The only ones I know are Diamond Crown and Macanudo, are there any others?

Rocky Patel (?) Fire uses triple fermented tobacco.

I've had few and like them, taste almost Cuban but aren't as good.

Then again they are only around $2 a stick... can't argue with that.

Rocky Patel (?) Fire uses triple fermented tobacco.

I've had few and like them, taste almost Cuban but aren't as good.

Then again they are only around $2 a stick... can't argue with that.

Just goes to illustrate the point about tastes and cigars. I picked up a box of Fire (yes, Indian Tabac/Rocky Patel) a couple of years ago on CB. Couldn't really stand them and ended up giving the rest away to a buddy of mine, though I never was a died in the wool Indian Tabac fan. Almost put me off his products completely, then I met the guy, realized how geniune and down to earth he was, was gifted some "vintage" 90's/92's and later on some of his "Edge" sticks. Then I had a new appreciation for some of the line and will sometimes pick those up, but still stay away from some of his other products. But, at any point...yep, Wurm is right...the Fire's are triple fermented. I tend to regard them more as a novelty stick (like his Diesel's) than anything else really, but, taste one and you never know.

They are a bit too mild for my tastes, MC to order a box but I've been gifted the ones I've had and enjoyed them.

What do the Diesels taste like may I ask?

for Cubans:
Cohiba is triple
Trinidad is double

there may be more

The reason why I ask is because I love both the DCs and the Macs and figured it was something to do with the multiple fermenations.

They are a bit too mild for my tastes, MC to order a box but I've been gifted the ones I've had and enjoyed them.

What do the Diesels taste like may I ask?

I picked up a box of the Fire's without having ever tried them...back when CBid was good for that sort of thing. They were really cheap actually and, although the saying "you get what you pay for" is sometimes applicable, I didn't even get out of them quite what I paid for them IMHO.

As for the Diesels...well, to be honest, I don't quite remember them at all. I do recall that they came (at least one point) in different...stengths I guess is the word. Something like 450, et. al. seems to be the monikers given that I remember. I think it was the 450's I picked up...oddly in that same auction with Cbid, and they were just nasty to me. Not really a "strong" cigar at all (and I like my cigars full-bodied generally). Just a non-memorable stick outside of the fact that I didn't like it and gave them away. So, I don't know if I'm quite the one to ask for a "review" of them, though maybe this sheds a little light on it.

I don't mind a Fire now and then.I bought a box of the churchill size for yard gar and cutting the lawn.I used to smoke them early in the day or morning.I never had the maduro yet.
Love the Trini's though......maduro would be my first choice.

La Perla Habana maduro and Perdomo Reserve maduro are also triple fermented, though I haven't tried either one. I actually liked the Fire by IT.