• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Must have budget sticks

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
Hello all,

First and foremost, this is my first post (outside of intro) to Cigar Pass and I don’t have much experience with forums, so if this is in the wrong place, please politely inform me and I’ll fix it ?

I thought it would be cool and helpful for newer cigar smokers such as myself to have a list of cheaper sticks they can refer to when first trying to sample and stock their humidors. My local shop has a decent selection but it would be nice to branch out from the normal 5 or 6 sticks that I pick up.

Leave a list of your favorite budget cigars ($5 and under) that you always keep on hand! Thanks again for being such a welcoming community so far!

- Hayden

Last edited:
My two favorite cheap sticks are illusione Rothschild and PLPC(Por Larranaga PC). The first you can easily get and the second requires a 50 cab purchase OR a Newbie Sampler Trade, perhaps.

Edit to add:padron regular line.I like Maddie 2000 and Londres Maddie.

Padron xooo Series.
Budget stick means different things to different people. It would help to know a price point.

Doc

$12 is what is commonly referred to as "Super-Premium". Under that high bar one can include almost all cigars. ;)
Actually pretty relieved you said that. My idea of a budget cigar is like $5 and under but I’m very new to smoking cigars so I didn’t want to post that originally and have everyone think I was crazy. Like I said, still new to this so I appreciate you giving me the heads up.

Actually pretty relieved you said that. My idea of a budget cigar is like $5 and under but I’m very new to smoking cigars so I didn’t want to post that originally and have everyone think I was crazy. Like I said, still new to this so I appreciate you giving me the heads up.
Please let me suggest the Newbie Sampler in the trade forum. Great way to sample some well cared for sticks!
P.S. I don't know if you have storage(humidor) but for short term storage a freezer bag and Boveda humidity control pack will do.

Back on your original topic, the illusione Rothschild is around $5 at most local B&Ms.

In Cali, who knows?

The Padrons 2000 is about the same.

Arturo Fuentes are milder but very tasty but vary in price. I suggest trying a Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro at some point if you haven't already. The whole Hemingway line is excellent, affordable, and widely available. Closer to $10, though.

Back on your original topic, the illusione Rothschild is around $5 at most local B&Ms.

In Cali, who knows?

Arturo Fuentes are milder but very tasty but vary in price. I suggest trying a Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro at some point if you haven't already. The whole Hemingway line is excellent, affordable, and widely available. Closer to $10, though.
I haven’t tried any from the Hemingway line but I’ll see if my local shop sells them. Might just order a 5 pack online if they are available.

I've searched long and hard for budget sticks. I'd rather know what you've tried, before giving out my secrets :)

In Cali, who knows?

This and this. AF's are one of my go to for a mediumish feel and I like the padron line as well. Leaf by Oscar maduro is one of my go to's for a cheaper smoke. I also love my mombacho, but they are more around 8-10.

I've searched long and hard for budget sticks. I'd rather know what you've tried, before giving out my secrets :)
I totally get that ? I’ve been smoking a few from the Flor De Oliva line, Quarum regular/shade. I’ve had a few Ashton’s (not budget but by far my favorite. Surprise surprise) a few Acid’s (wasn’t a fan). That’s about it so far.

Cornelius & Anthony 2nds
Nicaraguan Overruns from cigarpage
New Cuba which is rolled at Casa Fernandez with their Aganorsa tobacco
Ramon Bueso Habano
Por Larranaga Panatelas
Partagas Mille Fleurs
HUHC

Brickhouse. Some Olivas, 5 Vegas, some Alec Bradley, grand Habano, some la Gloria Cubana, la perla habana, Perdomo, rocky patel, Torano - these can be bought online at around $5 stick if you get 5ers. Not sure where you live but herein NYC I doubt anything outside of some machine made or seconds can be bought for that in B&M