• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My .02 on Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Cafe 52

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Curivari reserva limitada Cafe cafe52.
(robusto) 5x52.

Cold draw with punch cut.
Toasted tobacco slight coffee and faint sweetness. Earthy.

Aroma on wrapper of cedar, slight sweet earth. Tobacco.

1st third
Flavors of earth and woodiness with roasted coffee. Cedar and oak mostly. Slight faint spice like all spice. Dry smoke. Aroma of smoke is fragrant like burning wood at a campfire or fireplace. Smoke is woodsy and leathery like chewing on a baseball glove. Cedar sweetness present near end of 1st third. Smoke has a roasted marshmallow sweetness about it, faint yet there. At this point it reminds me of a mellowed down Liga Privada or undercrown. Medium strength with mild/medium flavors. Ash is light grey with black stripes. Solid ash shows very good construction.

2nd third
Begins with no spice. Flavors of leather and wood continue. Oak flavor dominates with some herbal like flavor joining in. Smoke aroma is cedary. Smoke is dry still. By this I mean it leaves your tounge/mouth dry. 2nd third continues without much change. Midway through the second third no change really. A slight charred flavor develops like smoked meat. That marshmallow flavor stays on the palate morphing into marshmallow cream but less sweetness. This along with cedar and BBQ smoke dominate the flavor going into beginning of final 3rd. Herbal flavor is there with more bitter/sweet flavor similar to Yerba mate tea or green tea. Smoke is solid medium strength with medium flavor.

Final 3rd
Herbal flavor and tea dominate flavor at beginning of last 3rd. The BBQ flavor is there still also. Midway through final 3rd I decide to punch a clover in cap to open up the draw. The draw becomes tight so this is my remedy. I don't recall having this occur before with any smoke. This does the trick, draw opens up greatly and tons of smoke now billows when I take puffs. Flavor is herbal (faint) and cedar, oak along with leather. Roasted coffee present. Smoke aroma is heavy with cedar. Medium/light strength, with medium flavor. This stick is like a mix of drew estates, meets, my father with a touch of Cohiba maduro 5 and a touch of JD Howard reserve from crowned heads. Interesting and flavorful. Ending is of toasted tobacco and cedar. Aroma is of wet cedar that's burning.

Overall 4/5.

I would recommend picking up a 5er. Pick up a box if you like and see how it may morph over time. These are reasonably priced at $5-$8 per stick with taxes.

This is a solid Nicaraguan smoke. In my opinion not Habanos like at all, but more specifically I see how some say (and through my limited experience with) the Cohiba maduro 5 has a Nicaraguan like flavor.

Final smoking time: about 45 minutes.

Great review and pictures. I'll have to give these a shot. Keep them coming.

Borrowed suggestion from Doc and others on CP. Clover punch it's called.

I also love this line.  If you haven't already, try the petite corona.  That cigar is fantastic.  Curivari has a blender that really knows what they're doing. 

My B & M that had em didn't carry the petit corona :(, but I've seem that they are available online.