• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My 4th go...

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
20140502_183622.jpg

Steeping...mmmm.

It's a Devils Milk clone, in the primary now gettin its ferment on! :D

Very nice!  I just bottled my second brew, it's a Racer 5 clone.

What are you steeping there?  You doing extract or partial mash?

Niko said:

It's an extract...Dragon's Milk Stout clone.  I believe it's done with the fermentation, so going to bottle it up in the next day or so.  

Kingantz said:

It's an extract...Dragon's Milk Stout clone.  I believe it's done with the fermentation, so going to bottle it up in the next day or so.  

I usually leave my beers in the carboys for at least 2 weeks.  I gives the yeast some time to clean up.  Do you go straight from primary to bottling bucket or do you secondary?

Niko said:

I usually leave my beers in the carboys for at least 2 weeks.  I gives the yeast some time to clean up.  Do you go straight from primary to bottling bucket or do you secondary?

Straight to the bottling bucket for now.  Air lock was poppin' away from Friday to Sunday, then dead stop.  Waited a couple days more, then started transferring to the bottling bucket.  Damn smelled good, but cloudy as hell!  Went ahead and bottled it up, going to see if the stuff will settle/clear up.  I'm thinking I didn't let the wort cool enough before adding the yeast...need to get a wort chiller.  

Kingantz said:

Straight to the bottling bucket for now.  Air lock was poppin' away from Friday to Sunday, then dead stop.  Waited a couple days more, then started transferring to the bottling bucket.  Damn smelled good, but cloudy as hell!  Went ahead and bottled it up, going to see if the stuff will settle/clear up.  I'm thinking I didn't let the wort cool enough before adding the yeast...need to get a wort chiller.  

How high was your temp when you pitched yeast?  Too high a temp will give off flavors to your beer that you don't want.  I usually pitch around 65-70 but I have the luxury of a plate chiller... ;)
Also be careful of too much yeast in suspension in your bottles, it not only give you a huge sediment cake at the bottom but can also create gushers when you go to open them.  I recommend cold crashing before the beer goes into the bottle.

Good luck Greg, If you have any questions let me know. :thumbs:

I ended up with 49 bottles, so stowed away two cases and kept the extra out for sampling after a few days. Just pulled it out the fridge, popped the top with a nice hiss, and poured it in a pint glass. Seems the cloudiness has subsided nicely and omg...This shit is GOOD! I mean seriously...really good. Tempted to go ahead and do a second batch! :D I'm really looking forward to seeing how it is in a few months!