• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My 9/11/01...

Today is a day to remeber that life can be short. Hug the ones you love. I don't forget. I knew someone in one of the building that did get out.

You all know someone that was there and got out. I will NEVER forget the events of that day!

And just a reminder to all of the conspiracy theorists please feel free to PM me so I can give you the play by play of what really happened from someone who got to see it from the inside. If I could only have one wish, it is that you get to see and experience what I did that day.

Fish

I don't know about you guys, but this photo in Mark's album gets me all choked up.
DSC00145.jpg

On 09/11/2001 I was working for Euro Brokers, located on the 84th floor of tower 2. While walking through the concourse of the buildings the first plane struck tower 1. I grabbed a friend that I was walking with as the crowds came rushing towards us in a panic, due to the jet fuel shooting out of the elevators and burning everyone waiting to go to their respective floors for another day of work. We ducked into a deli in the main concourse and waited to see exactly what was going on...next I heard a maintenance worker tell a coworker of his that there are reports of the roof blowing off. (nobody knew what was happening) This is when we made the decision to go out to the street level and see what was going on. The scene was chaos. Sirens was blaring, people were jumping from the higher floors of tower one, police and fire crews was running past us with burned people. While we stood there the second plane hit tower two, the boom from the jet fuel exploding was the loudest noise i have ever hear, even being 80 floors below the impact. They say the wing ripped right through the trading floor of the company I was working for.

We lost 61 coworkers and friends that day and they will never be forgotten. Cantor Fitzgerald who lost the most employees that day eventually bought Euro Brokers, I have since left the company, but each 09/11 I begin my day with a walk up to the WTC site, a quiet prayer and the memories of those that were lost. Instead and pointing to conspiracy theories, take some time to reflect of the lives that were lost, normal people doing what each of us do every day, going to work.

God Bless This Country

White house News conference 03/13/02

Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Airplane, missle, catapult...Who gives a shit. We were attacked and the SOB responsible is still on the loose. That's what I care about. :angry:

Doc.

To be fair here is the entire quote, not taken out of context (Link):

"Press Conference March 13th 2002" said:
Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore. And if we -- excuse me for a minute -- and if we find a training camp, we'll take care of it. Either we will or our friends will. That's one of the things -- part of the new phase that's becoming apparent to the American people is that we're working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money.

And we've got more work to do. See, that's the thing the American people have got to understand, that we've only been at this six months. This is going to be a long struggle. I keep saying that; I don't know whether you all believe me or not. But time will show you that it's going to take a long time to achieve this objective. And I can assure you, I am not going to blink. And I'm not going to get tired. Because I know what is at stake. And history has called us to action, and I am going to seize this moment for the good of the world, for peace in the world and for freedom.

On 09/11/2001 I was working for Euro Brokers, located on the 84th floor of tower 2. While walking through the concourse of the buildings the first plane struck tower 1. I grabbed a friend that I was walking with as the crowds came rushing towards us in a panic, due to the jet fuel shooting out of the elevators and burning everyone waiting to go to their respective floors for another day of work. We ducked into a deli in the main concourse and waited to see exactly what was going on...next I heard a maintenance worker tell a coworker of his that there are reports of the roof blowing off. (nobody knew what was happening) This is when we made the decision to go out to the street level and see what was going on. The scene was chaos. Sirens was blaring, people were jumping from the higher floors of tower one, police and fire crews was running past us with burned people. While we stood there the second plane hit tower two, the boom from the jet fuel exploding was the loudest noise i have ever hear, even being 80 floors below the impact. They say the wing ripped right through the trading floor of the company I was working for.

We lost 61 coworkers and friends that day and they will never be forgotten. Cantor Fitzgerald who lost the most employees that day eventually bought Euro Brokers, I have since left the company, but each 09/11 I begin my day with a walk up to the WTC site, a quiet prayer and the memories of those that were lost. Instead and pointing to conspiracy theories, take some time to reflect of the lives that were lost, normal people doing what each of us do every day, going to work.

God Bless This Country

God bless you my friend...and this country

Airplane, missle, catapult...Who gives a shit. We were attacked and the SOB responsible is still on the loose. That's what I care about. :angry:

Doc.
X2 But I fear the SOBs will die fat - and go straight to hell!! :thumbs:

Most of the physical evidence was destroyed before the FBI could examine it. So it's unlikely anyone will be brought to justice in THIS world.

Steve

there was a story about a gentleman this morning who's friend was a paraplegic and was in his wheel chair on one of the top floors and he stayed there holding his hand cause he wasnt going to leave his friend behind. Brought a tear to my eye of the strength and honor of the people who had to go through that.
i feel for all the friends and families lost.

I never knew you were so close, we're all glad you came away safe and unhurt.

I was working in NYC at the time, but I was all the way up around 41st St. that morning, getting ready to go to La Guardia to meet up with a friend flying in. She ended up being re-routed to St. Louis and never did make it to NY. I'll never forget that burning smell that permeated the air for months afterward.

I lost a good friend on flight 93 that day, we went to school together from 5th grade all the way through H.S. I also almost lost 3 other family members that work a block from Ground Zero, they lost a lot of friends and co-workers that day. It is truly a sad for a very large amount of people, i know as a Vet and someone that lost a friend that day I will NEVER forget.

I was in Warren, NJ working at a client site. Many of my co-workers had friends in the towers so needless to say, it was a stressful day with all watching the tube to stay on top of the events during the day. Since the airlines were grounded after that, I ended up taking my Avis rental car and driving back to Dallas to be with my family.

I now have a son and son-in-law in the Army and a son-in-law in the Navy helping keep this from happening again.

Prayers and thoughts of those we have lost and prayers for those in harms way. Never to be forgotten.

there was a story about a gentleman this morning who's friend was a paraplegic and was in his wheel chair on one of the top floors and he stayed there holding his hand cause he wasnt going to leave his friend behind. Brought a tear to my eye of the strength and honor of the people who had to go through that.
i feel for all the friends and families lost.

that is an unreal story. i have heard many like that and while it was a situation of unimaginable chaos, it is people like that they give me some hope for humanity. they along with all of those who died that day and were on the ground trying to help and those service men and women who are all out there trying to keep us safe from this ever happening again are heros.

I remember like it was yesterday...i was doing the audit of a hospital near the NJ border in PA. We got the news, saw the 2nd plane hit on TV. This hospital is involved with some type of disaster plan for NYC and these people sprung into action immediately, thinking they might be called on to help with some of the injured,etc. it was amazing...nurses, doctors, staff, myself and my staff, etc...out in the parking lots literally picking up cars of people who we did not know and were not there to move them and moving them to make a clearing for the helicopters lifeflighting the injured....ripping out all of the computers, desks, etc out of the administrative offices and putting beds and equipment in there just in case. it was surreal and then as the news came out...no one came.

i lost a college friend at Cantor that day...great kid ...full of life. He got asked to go to London 2 months before hand and turned it down b/c he was a NYC guy and loved it there. He would have been in London by 9/11 if he took it.

God Bless them all.

I don't know about you guys, but this photo in Mark's album gets me all choked up.
DSC00145.jpg

I wasn't able to upload them all (thousands) but there are some that should remain private but heart wrenching none the less. Others would infuriate you more.

I look through them all every 9/11 and still get tears in my eyes.

~M