• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My apologies

Gentleman (and a few ladies still, I hope),
I have come to apologize. No, this is not some sort of 12 step thing or anything like that, I have come simply to apologize. I recently acquired a box of cigars and have had a few occasions to sit out on the deck and enjoy one or two. It reminded me of the times I used to have here on the board and prompted me to come to terms with what I did to a number of brothers here.

I’m not asking your forgiveness, nor do I expect it, but I would like to have (and provide) a little closure and hopefully make at least a few people feel a bit better. I’ve reached a point in my life where it’s just not worth the effort or time to hold a grudge against some of the people here any longer – and believe me, I held that grudge a LONG time. It’s just not healthy to keep getting all worked up whenever I think about how certain members here “got one up on me” so to speak. You won, I was gone – that’s all there really is to it at this point.

I assume some of you will pick apart this post saying how it’s all bullshit or whatever – that’s fine. Just know that I no longer hold any malice towards you and would ask that you agree to let the past be in the past and let it go as I have.

I look back on my time that was spent here and up until the end, it really was a wonderful experience. The brotherhood you folks have here truly cannot be rivaled in many other places. Let me set the record straight for a few things that I remember and had issues with.

Did I abuse my moderator powers for personal gain? Yep. I tried to advertise some sales of OEM software without knowing all of the rules regarding the sales of OEM stuff. I got called on it (I don’t remember who, I’m sure you can find it if you want) and instead of saying thank you for the info, I abused my powers by editing their post and locked the thread to keep my ad up and ensure no one else could “out” me on it. I apologize.
Did I try to take advantage of BOTLs with the whole freebie craze. Yeah, sorta. I pushed it on a board that it really had no place on. In retrospect, I should have posted something along the lines of “Hey, if you’re interested in this sort of thing, email me and we can work something out” instead of the long drawn out posts and arguments of whether it worked or not. Sure, it worked for me – I got a lot of free stuff, but I’m sure a number of people that helped me out along the way ended up getting nothing because it quickly became difficult to complete the requirements. Thus, I ended up screwing a few BOTLs with that. I apologize.
Did I take advantage of the good natured help from some brothers to help me whip up some advertising and then screw them by not sending them some cigars as thanks? Yeah. After being called on it I even threw out the argument that I had packaged up the cigars and left them for the mailman to pickup and they must have mysteriously disappeared. It was a shitty thing to do. I did end up sending cigars to the two guys that did all the work, but it was really a “too little too late” thing. I offer my most heartfelt apologies to them. You two know who you are.
Did I post the comic picture with some sort of derogatory remarks about Lee? Yeah, I did it – and then, if I remember correctly, changed the picture on my server to help cover my butt with the backlash. What can I say, I was pissed at Lee and his friends – it was wrong. I apologize.
Did I create an account for the sole purpose of posting a nasty homosexual video and joking about how it was Lee & Neil? Yeah. Someone sent me the meatspin link as a joke and the first thing I thought of was how I can mess with CP and their users. It was wrong. It wasn’t just wrong, it was really sick and wrong. I cannot apologize enough for that one. Truly – I’m sorry for that one.
After being banned, did I use proxy servers to create a few new accounts and keep messing with CP, yeah – a few times. I don’t remember what all I said or did, but I know it was generally aimed and Lee & Neil. What can I say, I was thoroughly pissed at them and handled the situation very childishly. I apologize.
To Lee and Neil: What can I say… you guys rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn’t able to handle it appropriately. I’ve ready a lot of posts about both of you. Some people don’t get it (like me), but a log of BOTLs do. They know you for the stand up guys that you are. Perhaps I just a little to thin-skinned. Actually, there’s no “perhaps” there at all. Obviously, with how I reacted to you guys, I’m way too thin skinned. I’d like to think that’s changed in the past couple years. In any case, you two guys stood up for the board when I wanted nothing more then to just mess it up for everyone. I apologize to both of you.
Finally, for Rod. I’m sorry I tried to fuck with your forum. You were nothing but a friend and a gentlemen to me until I mucked it all up. I should have treated you better and didn’t. I messed with you, your forum, your 800 business number, and your users. I had no reason other then pettiness to do that. I apologize.

I’m sure at this point some of you have stopped reading, or called “bullshit’ on the whole post. That’s fine. I have no intention of becoming an active member here again and adding to the drama. If specific questions are asked of me and my account is not re-banned, I may stop back in to respond, but that really is not the reason for my return. I’m only here to apologize to everyone and show some of the rest of you guys out there that got booted and are holding a grudge like I was that it’s just not worth it. CigarPass is an online forum for crying out loud. It’s not the end of the world that you and I got booted. And you (like myself) probably had a legitimate reason for the booting. Even if you think you’re innocent, get over it. This is Rod’s house – he makes the rules. If you don’t like it, go start your own forum. It’s easy, I’ll even show you how – but you’ll never get the membership, nor the camaraderie that CigarPass has.
I regret that I messed that up for myself. There are still times that I miss this place, but I know that I no longer have a place here and I can accept that now.

So gentlemen (and ladies)… I apologize for everthing.
Most respectfully,
DaveWF

Apology accepted Dave. I moved on as well and it's water under the bridge.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I see Lee reading this so maybe he will have a few words. Dave, I put you behind me ages ago and the past was the past for a long time. Nice that you stepped up but since you did it more for yourself then for us it doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

I assume some of you will pick apart this post saying how it's all bullshit or whatever – that's fine. Just know that I no longer hold any malice towards you and would ask that you agree to let the past be in the past and let it go as I have.
Most respectfully,
DaveWF

(Just took 20 minutes to give myself a Search related course on posts by DaveWF)

I think we'll be needing some
mf_popcorn1.gif

(Just took 20 minutes to give myself a Search related course on posts by DaveWF)

I think we'll be needing some
mf_popcorn1.gif

It is a good read, though... A veritable idiot's guide on how not to screw up on a cigar board.

There are some people that will always remain on my list of asshats no matter what they do or say. You're one of them. Make no mistake about it, I have no ill will towards you, and never have, so apoligizing means dic* to me.

You are who you are and you proved it to us in spades.

davey! Burning you down was some of the best fun I've had here. That apology though... geez... you might wanna try that on someone that doesn't know you so good. Actions not words.

NA

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Man I was howling reading through this and I wasn't even around when everything went down. I love how you lay out all the shit you did and then say "for that, I apologize". LOL. 'Did I screw brothers over royally? Yes I did and for that I apologize' -- that's the kind of comedy gold you see on SNL back when the show was good of course.

Thanks for the laugh man!

:laugh:

I have come to apologize. No, this is not some sort of 12 step thing or anything like that, I have come simply to apologize. I recently acquired a box of cigars and have had a few occasions to sit out on the deck and enjoy one or two. It reminded me of the times I used to have here on the board and prompted me to come to terms with what I did to a number of brothers here.

I’m not asking your forgiveness, nor do I expect it, but I would like to have (and provide) a little closure and hopefully make at least a few people feel a bit better. I’ve reached a point in my life where it’s just not worth the effort or time to hold a grudge against some of the people here any longer – and believe me, I held that grudge a LONG time. It’s just not healthy to keep getting all worked up whenever I think about how certain members here “got one up on me” so to speak. You won, I was gone – that’s all there really is to it at this point.

I assume some of you will pick apart this post saying how it’s all bullshit or whatever – that’s fine. Just know that I no longer hold any malice towards you and would ask that you agree to let the past be in the past and let it go as I have.

I look back on my time that was spent here and up until the end, it really was a wonderful experience. The brotherhood you folks have here truly cannot be rivaled in many other places. Let me set the record straight for a few things that I remember and had issues with.

Did I abuse my moderator powers for personal gain? Yep. I tried to advertise some sales of OEM software without knowing all of the rules regarding the sales of OEM stuff. I got called on it (I don’t remember who, I’m sure you can find it if you want) and instead of saying thank you for the info, I abused my powers by editing their post and locked the thread to keep my ad up and ensure no one else could “out” me on it. I apologize.
Did I try to take advantage of BOTLs with the whole freebie craze. Yeah, sorta. I pushed it on a board that it really had no place on. In retrospect, I should have posted something along the lines of “Hey, if you’re interested in this sort of thing, email me and we can work something out” instead of the long drawn out posts and arguments of whether it worked or not. Sure, it worked for me – I got a lot of free stuff, but I’m sure a number of people that helped me out along the way ended up getting nothing because it quickly became difficult to complete the requirements. Thus, I ended up screwing a few BOTLs with that. I apologize.
Did I take advantage of the good natured help from some brothers to help me whip up some advertising and then screw them by not sending them some cigars as thanks? Yeah. After being called on it I even threw out the argument that I had packaged up the cigars and left them for the mailman to pickup and they must have mysteriously disappeared. It was a shitty thing to do. I did end up sending cigars to the two guys that did all the work, but it was really a “too little too late” thing. I offer my most heartfelt apologies to them. You two know who you are.
Did I post the comic picture with some sort of derogatory remarks about Lee? Yeah, I did it – and then, if I remember correctly, changed the picture on my server to help cover my butt with the backlash. What can I say, I was pissed at Lee and his friends – it was wrong. I apologize.
Did I create an account for the sole purpose of posting a nasty homosexual video and joking about how it was Lee & Neil? Yeah. Someone sent me the meatspin link as a joke and the first thing I thought of was how I can mess with CP and their users. It was wrong. It wasn’t just wrong, it was really sick and wrong. I cannot apologize enough for that one. Truly – I’m sorry for that one.
After being banned, did I use proxy servers to create a few new accounts and keep messing with CP, yeah – a few times. I don’t remember what all I said or did, but I know it was generally aimed and Lee & Neil. What can I say, I was thoroughly pissed at them and handled the situation very childishly. I apologize.
To Lee and Neil: What can I say… you guys rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn’t able to handle it appropriately. I’ve ready a lot of posts about both of you. Some people don’t get it (like me), but a log of BOTLs do. They know you for the stand up guys that you are. Perhaps I just a little to thin-skinned. Actually, there’s no “perhaps” there at all. Obviously, with how I reacted to you guys, I’m way too thin skinned. I’d like to think that’s changed in the past couple years. In any case, you two guys stood up for the board when I wanted nothing more then to just mess it up for everyone. I apologize to both of you.
Finally, for Rod. I’m sorry I tried to fuck with your forum. You were nothing but a friend and a gentlemen to me until I mucked it all up. I should have treated you better and didn’t. I messed with you, your forum, your 800 business number, and your users. I had no reason other then pettiness to do that. I apologize.

I’m sure at this point some of you have stopped reading, or called “bullshit’ on the whole post. That’s fine. I have no intention of becoming an active member here again and adding to the drama. If specific questions are asked of me and my account is not re-banned, I may stop back in to respond, but that really is not the reason for my return. I’m only here to apologize to everyone and show some of the rest of you guys out there that got booted and are holding a grudge like I was that it’s just not worth it. CigarPass is an online forum for crying out loud. It’s not the end of the world that you and I got booted. And you (like myself) probably had a legitimate reason for the booting. Even if you think you’re innocent, get over it. This is Rod’s house – he makes the rules. If you don’t like it, go start your own forum. It’s easy, I’ll even show you how – but you’ll never get the membership, nor the camaraderie that CigarPass has.
I regret that I messed that up for myself. There are still times that I miss this place, but I know that I no longer have a place here and I can accept that now.

Most respectfully,
DaveWF

Just in case.

NA

Most respectfully,
DaveWF

Good lord, someone please give me the CliffsNotes version on this post. With all of the drama around here lately, I just don't have the energy to read more fluff.

Your right, some of us have stopped reading! Probably because your post was so damn long...I agree with theorangeman, is there a CliffNote version available on CD???

Good lord, someone please give me the CliffsNotes version on this post. With all of the drama around here lately, I just don't have the energy to read more fluff.

I'll give it a go...

...an apparently quintessential "asshat" from eons ago has come back to apologize for doing about damned near everything wrong a person could do on a board to try to clear his conscience.

Hope that saved you some time O-man. :D

I'll give it a go...

...an apparently quintessential "asshat" from eons ago has come back to apologize for doing about damned near everything wrong a person could do on a board to try to clear his conscience.

"I pardon you."

ralph-fiennes-main2.jpg

I'll give it a go...

"I pardon you."

ralph-fiennes-main2.jpg

Was this before or after he shot the guy?

"...I HATE drama..."

"...yeah, me too! I grow so weary of all the drama..."

"...boy, you said it. Drama... Pffttttt...."

"...must we have all this drama? Can you people stop fighting?"

"...What's with this place? I heard nasty stuff about all the drama. Man - this place REALLY sucks...."

"...if you guys don't quit all your drama, I'm packing my things and going someplace else!!!"

Like moth's to a flame... :D

I'll give it a go...

Outstanding, thanks Brett! Now I think with the time you saved me, I'll go out on my porch and have a smoke and a Sierra Nevada. :thumbs: