• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My birthday present

okiesmoke

I'm not sure if the pic worked or not but this is my newest humidor and first "real" humidor as I've been using a coolidor for some time. Has anyone had experience with this one or can anyone help me with making sure it has a good seal. I've been seasoning it for three days now and I think it's holding but I'd like to have a little better seal. Thanks.

Humidor

Here is one method....

Take a small flashlight or penlight, turn it on and place it inside the empty humidor.

Turn out all the lights in the room (I would also suggest you do this in the evening as it will be darker) and see if you can see any light coming from the box.

Examine the humiodr closely, even lifting the lid slightly to see if any light shines through.

Also when you close it, you should here a nice swooshing sound of the air being closed into the humidor.

If you are worried, take a trip to Home Depot (or other store) and see what the have for window/door insulation, You can always add a thin strip to the seal if you are worried.

Hope this helps.

Al

Edit to add......it can take days for the humidor to stabilize. give it time. also get the beads and digital before you make any changes. I wouldnt trust those dial hygros for much.....

Nice birthday present. A quick test you could do would be the dollar bill test. Close the lid on a dollar bill that is half in the humidor and half out. Pull the dollar bill out. A humidor with a decent seal should create some resistance. So while you can pull the dollar out, it should not come out too easily. This is just a quick test before you go to the flashlight test.

Back