• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Cabidor

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
In my kitchen remodel, I ordered this one just for me. At issue wasn't the cabinet, but how to seal it without making it toxic. I used weatherseal that I got at Home Depot for the door. The joints on the remainder of the cabinet are tight already. There are no other penetrations, so I'm trying it without anything but the door seal. I sure hope this lasts me for a while...

cabgoesin.jpg

The cabinet and my computer desk are being installed.

cabfinished1.jpg

In and finished

cabfinished2.jpg

After 3 days with intense humidifaction. I added empty boxes as a buffer.

cabfinished3.jpg

With the weatherstripping. This stuff is really soft and pliable. I didn't have to adjust the door clearance one whit. They're right where they are designed to be.

cabfinished4.jpg

Its been stable in the mid to high 50's for three days with the boxes. I added my daily smokes.

cabfinished5.jpg

I have about 1/4 pound of beads in an open bowl, plus the Heartfelt tube from the small humi, all 60%. Still stable after 4 days. I'll be ditching the laminated shelf for Spanish Cedar as soon as I order the material. 1/4 thick raw is out of stock with the one place I found it. Till then, the shelf stays since it doesn't block air flow.

edit: yep

Very clever Bruce - nice pics, looks good.

I hope you don't have a problem retaining RH.

Brian

Good looking! Its a great sneaky way to have some smokes nearby, I really like it!

I increased the 60% beads to 1/2 pound and placed equal amounts in each of the rear corners. RH is hovering just below 60, so I added the rest of my empty boxes, all laminated. My more expensive stash will wait another week before moving.

:) Very nice work, Nullsmurf. How did you go about picking the weather stripping? Did it come highly recommended? Please do update us once the spanish cedar shelves are in. I'd love to know what happens with the RH%.

Darren

:) Very nice work, Nullsmurf. How did you go about picking the weather stripping? Did it come highly recommended? Please do update us once the spanish cedar shelves are in. I'd love to know what happens with the RH%.

Darren

The weatherstrip is nothing special - just really soft and the right thickness to make the seal, and is peel and stick. Per my wife's commandment, I'm not permitted to perforate or otherwise permanently alter the cabinet. I've ordered enough 1/4 inch cedar to make several shelves. I should have more than enough left to make some trays as well. I'm anxious to see what that much cedar does to RH.

Looking good. Thanks for the pics. Please keep us posted.

PS: What's in the plastic red beer cup :D

:thumbs: Nice job man! When you finish filling the rest of the cabinets where will the wife put the dishes? LOL :laugh:

I ordered the Spanish cedar. It took two phone calls to get it right. I got an email yesterday confirming shipment of 100 quarter inch 6" x 60" pieces! I didn't order 100, but if thats what they shipped for $80, I might be hosting a cedar group buy. Anyone need some cedar?

Update: I got the cedar $90 worth - ain't that much. This is actually what I had left after I built two shelves.

rawcedar.jpg

I quickly cut and glued the two shelves for my cabidor.

cedarshelf1.jpg

cedarshelf2.jpg

That is a sweet setup. Blends right in with the kitchen. Evey the wife can't complain about that, right!!

Nice job.

Cheers,

Jason

Last installment, final product. That much cedar all at once kind of drove down the RH, but its now stabilized around 60%

cedarshelf3.jpg

cedarshelf4.jpg

cedarshelf5.jpg

So beautiful...

Come to my house and build it for me ;)

My genius is with computers and a little bit of a green thumb, unfortunatly the builders square didn't get installed into my DNA.