• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My cigar shop experience.

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
Hey guys and gals,

Thought I share a little story that happen to me today. So after work today I did my normal routine and went straight to football practice. (in case some of you that do not know I am a football coach for a deaf school in DC; also the head baseball coach). When I was at football practice I was thinking about going to a cigar shop near the school, that some of my co workers were telling me about. So, after practice I headed straight to the cigar shop, it was really nice little cigar shop had some good smokes and a good place to chill and smoke a cigar. Because I was tired and hungry I decided to get my smokes and head out.

Now that you got the back ground here is where it got interesting. In the shop the cigars are labeled by “code” they did not show the price on the box or the sticks, so in order to get a price I had to ask the owner to punch in the computer the “code” and the price came up. Well I decided to take a look at the pardons. Out of curiosity I asked him what the price for the Pardon 1926 # 6 box which was coded 50k (I think). He told me the price 5.50 a stick. Me being deaf I had to ask him again and low and behold it was 5.50. I know some people would stock up on that and run the hell out of there with a hell of a bargain. But I felt, the need to be honest, I told the guy are you sure that’s the right price because I know those are about 15 to 20 bucks depending on what place you go to. He was puzzled and decided to look in his catalog. He was like you are right those should be about 16.50. I was like I know there was something wrong there. So I went about my business and got a Maxx and a La Gloria Cubana Series R # 4 and was went to check out. The guy came up to me and was like so you not getting the pardons no more. I was like naw a little short for money this month but Ill be back. We here came the surprise, he already had bagged 5 pardon 1926 # 6 for me and handed it to me free of charge. He told me thanks for being honest and come back again.

The moral of the story be honest and good things will come. I was totally stoked now I got to get my Coolidor going to store these bad boys. Thought I would share with you all.

David

Edit: making two paragraphs so its better to read.

I only wish this kind of stuff would happen to me. I tell the guy that he undercharged and he turns around and charges me MSRP plus 20%... go figure.

No really, kudos to you for doing the stand up thing! :thumbs:

mac

It always pays to be honest.You are a true BOTL.I would have done the same thing,as I am sure the majority of BOTL's here would.

Excellent story. Doing the right thing is its own reward. Free cigars surely sweetens the deal though. :thumbs:

Outstanding! That is a great example of honesty, and gratitude.

That is wonderful of you to be so honest, especially in today's world. Great story and such a great outcome for you i see, and i too believe that most here would do the same thing, and i feel good when i get a 20% discout for being a good customer at our local B&M.

Good deal Breads!!!!

I woulda bought that whole box at 5.50!! lol

Very awesome Sweetbreads. Speaks highly of your integrity my friend, and I got to know a couple more things I didn't know about you in the process!

I thought his name was SweetRICE? Like Jerry Rice.

Way to do the honorable thing. Honesty and integrity are their own rewards. :thumbs:

I'm assuming you coach at Gallaudet? I had a professor in college (for ASL) that went to that school. Good luck this season!

You did the right thing and scored some good smokes for being who you are. Well done!

Well-freaking-done, Sweetrice! :thumbs:

As Aristotle would have said, "you are one virtuous dude, rock on!"

Wilkey

I want to thank you all for your respected reply's but i think switters was spot on. "doing the right thing is its own reward" well said switters. :thumbs:

Well done sir, you are probably a better man than I am. I will be honest and say that I'm not sure what I would have done in your spot.

Now, if you wouldn't mind going back to that shop tomorrow and picking me up some of those $5.50 1926's. :sign:

They are probably fakes. Better send them over to me for close inspection :)

In all seriousness, that's why as much as I purchase online I will always try to frequent the local shops as much as I can... there is no much for face to face business like that.

Very cool thing you did......!
BTW, where did you get that avatar
and whose is she?

Jack

Very nicely done on your part, as well as on the shop owners part. It's great to not only see somebody be honest, but also to have a shop owner reward that honesty so kindly.

Very cool thing you did......!
BTW, where did you get that avatar
and whose is she?

Jack

I swear I can see camel toe. You have to look fast though. :thumbs:

It needs a pause button