• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Cigarbids order. Opinions?

DangerField

As I mentioned before, I have smoked very few cigars in the past several years (I used to smoke 3-4 time per week) I recently finished up my last Punch Rothschild and Perdomo Counterfeit Cuban, emptying my last humidor. What I am looking for are not show-stoppers or impressive cigars, just good smokes worthy of a bit of savoring in the garage. My preferred tastes are for medium-full bodied central American stogies. I have recently enjoyed RP Edge, Padron 4000, Oliva Nubs and Serie O, but all go for about $8 at my local tobacconist. My goal at cigar bids was to get a selection of decent smokes, fitting my tastes, that I would want to pay over five bucks a pop for at a regular store, but at much cheaper prices (Poor grad student). My average price per cigar (most are purchased as 5-packs) is just under $1.50 in the following list:

Nestor Reserve Box-Pressed Maduro Torpedo
Puros Indios Viejo Robusto
Gran Habano 3 Siglos Churchill
El Mejor Emerald Robusto
La Flor Dominicana Ligero L-200 Oscuro
Puros Indios Siembra de Oro #4 Especial Habano
Playboy Robusto
Felipe Gregorio Felipe II Fat-Boy Extra
Excalibur Churchill
Pinar Del Rio Clasico Exclusivo Churchill

How did I do? Do you think most of these fit my criteria?

The LFD and PdR are great smokes, not sure on the rest, though. Either way, it's a good sampler to get you back into the hobby. Keep this thread going and post back about which ones met your expectations. :thumbs:

The LFD and PdR are great smokes, not sure on the rest, though. Either way, it's a good sampler to get you back into the hobby. Keep this thread going and post back about which ones met your expectations. :thumbs:
Agreed on all counts! I also like the Gran Habano 3 Siglos. But yes, keep us posted on what you thought of them.

Steve

El Mejor Emerald Robusto: Decent with age.

I would check out the NST the next time you are in the market. CB is known for cheap inconsistent brands.

Newbie Sampler Trade!

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=29521 :thumbs:

You could also check out cigars at your price... they usually have cigars for about 1/2 msrp and you can get them in 5 packs once you figure out what you enjoy. I've stocked that way more than once!

You could also check out cigars at your price... they usually have cigars for about 1/2 msrp and you can get them in 5 packs once you figure out what you enjoy. I've stocked that way more than once!

A little info on your recommendation.

A little info on your recommendation.

I have used the site several times and I guess I'm in the minority. It did take some err... creative guessing (started at $1 and kept going up), it is a bit tiresome and a PITA, however once you find the gimmick (usually 1/2 the cost listed) you have a feel for where to start. I'll admit some of the prices aren't the greatest, but I felt I got my money's worth just my opinion.

One of the great things about CP is you will get to know some vendors who are also members here. Every time I make one of my paltry purchases from them I feel a whole lot better than just getting my monies worth.

I just posted a short review of the PI Siembra de Oro.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=67556

I found my decent digital camera. Once I get it up and running I'll put together some good reviews. The cigars have had time to rest in the humi and are ready to go. Now I just need some mild weather.