• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my coffee table humidor

It's finally finished!

After freezing and thawing my cigars carefully, I've decided to brave the heat, and give the new humidor a go.

It's holding humidity very well and I'm still tweaking to get the levels just right.
Hit the link in my sig for the album, there are four new pictures at the end.

Robbie, it looks really nice! :)
You did some cool job with it, but are you going to do the same thing with tables second half? :)

Robbie, it looks really nice! :)
You did some cool job with it, but are you going to do the same thing with tables second half? :)

haven't decided yet, probably, just been busy with other things, and exhausted from getting this half working.
a little project frustration.. you know..

Wow! Really nice! I would inagine that since you put some sweat and elbow grease into this project, you will appreciate it that much more.

In fact it's kind of got me thinking about what piece of furniture in the house I can turn into a humidor...

mac

Very nice Robbie! You look to be a bit of a Gurkha whore. Good luck if you decide to do the other half of the table.

ken

So how is this Humi holding up, Rob? Still using it?

Yep, temp issues abound, but not too much I can do, hopefully the Winter months are kinder. Humidity appears to be pretty stable, sitting around 66 - 72%, usually a little dependent on temperature.

I just started work on the second half this weekend, and should have it completed before the end.
I will get some pics up soon of how the second half is going.
I had to take all cigars out, and put in boxes, so I could manipulate the table around my living room.... I didn't realize how many cigars I have...

A Swing of 66% to 72% is too much for long term storage. IS it purely a swing of relative humidity with temperature or do you have a poor seal somewhere?

A Swing of 66% to 72% is too much for long term storage. IS it purely a swing of relative humidity with temperature or do you have a poor seal somewhere?

Pretty sure it was temperatue. During the summer the house would hit upper 90s with humidity in the high 70s and there was naught I could do. ???
Now it's cooler and the house itself is around 40% humidity, but the humidor sits nicely around 65%
I'm just reseasoning both halves of the table and should get the cigars back in there shortly.

There are updated pics in my link below. I still need to mount handles on the newest side, and doublecheck the seal there (the table is bowed a bit in the middle, not a level surface in there ;) )
Here are the directs for people who don't want to view the whole album.
linky, linky, mcLinkerson

Hi, nice job! I think I read in one of the earlier posts that you would change the red cedar out for some Spanish cedar. I hope you do so. red cedar does have a negative effect on cigars. It is unfortunate that Spanish cedar is actually named cedar, because it isn't cedar at all and that causes folks to think any old cedar is okay. Spanish cedar is actually in the mahogany family. They called it cedar because it had a nice aroma when cut and it was a little reminiscent of regular cedar. calling it cedar was more of a marketing thing. So if you haven't changed it out yet I advise to do it ASAP. Sorry to be such a downer. I still think you did a really nice job.