• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Dilemma

Boomer52

Good Friends, Good Cigars
Reaction score
Here is my dilemma. My wife’s work Christmas party is Friday night at one of our good friends house. One of her coworkers husband did not want to go because he did not want to be the oldest one there. It is a younger crowd. My wife told him that I would be there and that I am only a few years younger than him. She said we could sit out back and have a cigar. This got his attention and he is going to the party. My wife also said I would supply the cigars. No problem to this point. Get to smoke a cigar with a friend.

This is where the problem comes in. My wife was telling a female coworker about this and that person said she wanted to join in and have a cigar as well. First, this floored my wife since she never suspected a woman would enjoy cigars too. Second, I have never smoked with a woman. Since I am supplying the cigars, I need some input as to what size to bring for her. Since we will have plenty of time, I was going to bring some Chruchills for the guys. WHAT DO I BRING FOR THE LADY????? Since neither of them are regular cigar smokers I am planning to bring something mild.

Most of the cigars in my humidor are Robusto, Toro, and Churchill size. If this is not suitable, I can stop at my local B&M and pick up something else.

Suggestions?

PS:Not sure if this is the right forum or if this should be in the lobby.

be safe and go both ends of the spectrum, grab a mananudo, or cao gold coronaish sized, that will handle mild and/ or small, & bring a Joya de Nicaragua Perfecto Grande, that will handle big and/or strong, I know women who enjoy both, hell theres a brother on another board whose girlfriend can powerherf camacho coyolars churchills all day long

my wife will smoke churchills with me when she's in the right kind of mood, but sometimes she'll just ask for a drag or 5 of mine... so I wouldn't get too caught up on size. However, if I were you I would bring some robustos and churchills, and be prepared to explain the different flavors and what to expect (i.e. time involved etc.) regarding the selected sticks you bring. I've found that, in general, if you treat everyone as if they are on the same level (no matter their experience...or gender) you always get a better response. Just my 2 cents. Hope it's a success.

I recommend an Ashton Cordial. It is the smallest, thinnest of the Ashton Classics. It has great taste, looks good in a womans hand, and is mild.

My new trick when selecting a cigar for a not-usually-smoker friend is to ask them how they like their coffee.

Cream and sugar gets something w/ a CT wrapper
Black gets Padron XK
Espresso gets a DPG black
Etc...

I dont mean to sound P.C...but I would bring a wide variety and let them both select from them. For example: bring 2 churchills, 2 robustos of your choosing. This way the woman wont feel alienated that you supplied her with a robusto b/c she's a woman. Also, if the dude only wants a small smoke, he can take a small smoke. Basically, this will cover your ass and make sure you don't look sexist.

I hate being the supplier of smokes though, at least in my group of friends, they think I get all my cigars for free, so "who cares its just 2 or 3". As long as the wife refills your stock for being 'a good husband' then, give them 5 each :whistling: :cool:

I dont mean to sound P.C...but I would bring a wide variety and let them both select from them. For example: bring 2 churchills, 2 robustos of your choosing. This way the woman wont feel alienated that you supplied her with a robusto b/c she's a woman. Also, if the dude only wants a small smoke, he can take a small smoke. Basically, this will cover your ass and make sure you don't look sexist.
Agreed, just bring a decent selection of stuff you enjoy and let them ask you what you suggest and if they wanna go by look they can just grab what they think looks good.

I've found that most occasional smokers, or I'd like to try that smokers are a little put off by big cigars. I'd have plenty of robustos, or smaller, and mild to medium cigars. Don't want to make someone sick and turn them off to the hobby.

Keith

Second, I have never smoked with a woman.

Keep your eyes off her chest and you will be ok! :laugh:

Seriously though, ask her what she enjoys.

Brian

Keep my eyes off her chest --- now your taking all the fun out of it.

Thanks for all of the input guys. I think I will bring a selection and let them choose. I also think I will stop by the B&M and pick up a few of the smaller sticks that were suggested. I'll let you know next week how it goes.

Bring on the cooties.

Dave

My lady likes Robusto sized CAO Brazilia. Lots of things going on in the flavor dept. without being harsh.

My lady likes Robusto sized CAO Brazilia. Lots of things going on in the flavor dept. without being harsh.
I recently lit up 2 cigars with a female cousin who hadn't smoked a cigar before. One of them was the aforementioned and she enjoyed it a lot.

I recommend an Ashton Cordial. It is the smallest, thinnest of the Ashton Classics. It has great taste, looks good in a womans hand, and is mild.

I second that. A smaller ring gauge Ashton classic is perfect, maybe a petite corona, the girls will think its cute without being a big "honkin" cigar, a nice aged Anejo 46 would score some brownie points also

Jenn ALWAYS goes for the pantelas, lanceros, and lonsdales in my boxes. Or a couple PC's would suit the bill.

Get a small selection of flavored cigars (CAO flavours, forget acids) just in case. For everything else, bring you best stuff forward.