• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Dilemma

<snip> I think I will bring a selection and let them choose. I also think I will stop by the B&M and pick up a few of the smaller sticks that were suggested. I'll let you know next week how it goes.

Bring on the cooties.

Dave

That would also give you the opportunity to talk about the differences in size, strength, body, etc., a 'cigar 101 if you will, then tell them what you like about each stick to help them choose a cigar. You never know, if they see that smoking cigars is more than just lighting and puffing on tobacco, they might develop a real interest in persuing the hobby.

<snip> I think I will bring a selection and let them choose. I also think I will stop by the B&M and pick up a few of the smaller sticks that were suggested. I'll let you know next week how it goes.

Bring on the cooties.

Dave

That would also give you the opportunity to talk about the differences in size, strength, body, etc., a 'cigar 101 if you will, then tell them what you like about each stick to help them choose a cigar. You never know, if they see that smoking cigars is more than just lighting and puffing on tobacco, they might develop a real interest in persuing the hobby.

Greats points here. I'd just like to add you should avoid flavored stuff. Don't make it like what she smokes is different from what the guys get to smoke, unless of course you smoke the flavored stuff.

My wife likes Padrón 1926 no. 35... god help me.

Now I have to hide them whenever I get a couple.

My wife also likes the Padron 1926 #35....I even bought her a box of her own....She also likes the Drew Estates Java cigars. They are a bit "flavored" but also are pretty good cigars. They smell like coffee and chocolate...what's not to love? I've smoked one and they aren't too bad...

Good luck!

I can't believe what I'm reading. Just because she is a girl doesn't mean she has to have a small, light-bodied cigar. I would bring what you would bring if it were just guys. Hell, she might be 6'2" and 190 lbs. If it were me in your situation, I'd bring her an Egg :laugh:

You could start with a Don Lino Africa from a tin offer the same to each one then after that lay an Oliva series V on them and they'll be friends for life!!!!!!

Here is what happened. I took the advice of several people and took a variety of cigars. I had also stopped at the local B&M and picked up a few smaller cigars as well. After the usual hi how are you’s, something to eat, and a trip to the bar, we headed out back. They were all surprised at the variety and listened intently as I gave a little rundown on the smokes.

Surprise surprise, the lady went right for the Toro size. Wanted nothing to do with the smaller ring gauge smokes. Who says size is not important. In any case, both her and Jeff picked a mild 5 Vegas Gold and really enjoyed them. I know, this is not a favorite of some people on this board. Doesn’t matter. They are not regular cigar smokers and really enjoyed them. I don’t think either of them had ever had a hand made cigar before. I had a Gurkha Expedition and we all had an enjoyable smoke.

Here is the kicker. My wife and Jeff’s wife also wanted to try one and they both liked them. Maybe in the future I will catch a little less flack when I smoke and maybe, just maybe, my wife will occasionally join me.

All in all, a very nice party. Except the DJ was toooooo loud. I will post a picture when I get it.

Thanks for the input everyone

Here is the picture, if I can get it downloaded. From left to right the "Lady" (name intentionally left out), me, Jeff, and Kay his wife. It was a lot of fun.

[img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/daverf1/XmasParty07.jpg[/img] [/url

What are you doing to that lady?

She is having way too much fun standing next to you :whistling: