• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My doctor has lost his mind WOW!

pembroke3355

Banned
I had a 10 a.m. appointment today. I understand that they can run somewhat late. At 11:25 a.m. I went to the receptionist to say I needed to reschedule as I had somewhere to go at 11:45. I guess the doctor was coming out of one of the rooms and must have heard me ask to reschedule. This clown then came out in the waiting room(with 5 other people waiting). His exact words were "My time is valuabe to me me you need to wait in a harsh tone". I responded that my time was also valuable to me and I need to be at another place in 20 minutes and need to reschedule. He screams that I will be getting a notice that he is suing me for a missed appt in small claims court. After my inital shock I decided to take the high road and walked out. I really wanted to tell him to shove it up his arse but did not because of the other people waiting. This was a first that I never expected. Doc has a better chance of seeing god before he get's and cash from me. :angry:

An hour and half is way out of line. I would send him a letter and the state medical board. I would also state that the rudness and threat to sue you in small claims court is way out of line. I would also state in that letter that an apology for his behavior in front of other patients is unacceptable. The apology should also be copied to your state medical board.

That is ridiculous. I can't stand doctor's like that. They value their own time, but not that of their patients. Ridiculous. I wouldn't sit around for an hour and a half waiting for anyone. Unless of course I was allowed to smoke a cigar there...

An hour and half is way out of line. I would send him a letter and the state medical board. I would also state that the rudness and threat to sue you in small claims court is way out of line. I would also state in that letter that an apology for his behavior in front of other patients is unacceptable. The apology should also be copied to your state medical board.

Very good idea I will do this. Better way to handle my anger. :thumbs:

If we are either late or cancel an appt, we have to pay a fee. Why can't we get the same courtesy from these fockers?

Time for a new doc, Don. There's no excuse for that behavior. And I'm sure his patients in the waiting room felt the same way. I'm sure you got them thinking about picking another doctor, as well.

Time for a new doc, Don. There's no excuse for that behavior. And I'm sure his patients in the waiting room felt the same way. I'm sure you got them thinking about picking another doctor, as well.

Already in the works. One of the reasons I took the high road and walked out was because I saw the faces of a couple of people in the waiting room. They look horrifiied and me screaming also would have been ugly.

What a prick. Put a review of him on RateMDs.com. Chances are that he has pulled that $hit with other customers as well.

-Montagieu

This kinda remindsd me of a time I had to write a letter to a professor at Hopkins. I asked my current advisor if I should call him doctor or professor. He said, "It is more respectful to call him Professor, any idiot can be a doctor." Your doc exemplified this. I have a generally low opinion of MDs although some are top notch I've met a few jerks, and had to be around the uppity med students.

There's no excuse for that physicians behavior. But...he could have been spending that extra time telling a patient he had cancer or was dying. You never know. You just happened to set him off. The stress of the job gets to all of us at some time or another. And if you don't think an MD's job is stressful...

Doc.

Stress or not, being a professional means exactly that...being professional. And certainly not threatning to sue a patient. As a doctor he always has a target painted on his back by the slip and fall lawyers, kinda odd that the first thing that comes to mind is a frivilous lawsuit.

I would be writing to the medical board.

I've never met a physician with the time, for one reason or another, to take somebody to small claims court. Maybe your doctor will try to make amends on his own.

Let your anger subside, be the bigger man, and see if there is some sort of explanation. There is some sort of human element behind this all, right?

If your physician really is just a jerk, then let the right people know.

-Mark

Believe me the last two years have been stressful in my profession but there is absolutely no way I could treat a client like that. It boggles my mind that these guys feel their time is more valuable than everyone else's. The ego's on alot of these Doc's are ridiculous; so much so that he finds it appropriate to spout off about how important he is in front of a roomful of clients...I couldn't imagine pulling that.

I've never met a physician with the time, for one reason or another, to take somebody to small claims court. Maybe your doctor will try to make amends on his own.

Let your anger subside, be the bigger man, and see if there is some sort of explanation. There is some sort of human element behind this all, right?

If your physician really is just a jerk, then let the right people know.

-Mark

Even if there is an explanation, there is no way I would set foot in his office again unless he wanted to apologize in person and he still wouldn't get my business or the business of any one of my friends or family that would listen.

... Doc has a better chance of seeing god before he get's and cash from me.
mad.gif

You fail to realize, in most doctor's minds, you are in the presence of God!!
whistling.gif

This is true; I deal with "M Deities" on a fairly regular basis...

Don, my solution is that you're just a jerk, plain and simple buddy. Your superior "jerk waves" set off this Doctor's implanted internal "Asshole Detect-O-Meter" (sold only in Canada for now) and it was high time he went off on ya! How dare you wait an hour and a half in his office, taking up precious chair space, and then have the audacity to tell him you have somewhere to go?!? :sign:

Seriously though, counter-suing and all that crap, I'd say you'll get farther doing what Tony said. This is madness, and good luck Don! :thumbs:

Simple fact is that he did not keep, or broke, the appointment, not you. Send him a bill.